Thanksgiving Dinner?

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 12:52 am
What is your Turkey Day meal gonna look like?  I've been thinking about this quite a bit because Thanksgiving is gonna be at my house this year.  And what I've come up with is that the food probably isn't going to be very different.  I will have to watch my portions and stay clear of the sweets.  But I will still have turkey.  We'll have to see how a little bit of dressing goes with the pouch.  I tried corn yesterday, just a bite.  I didn't like how it felt.

What are your plans?
georgiapeachinla
on 11/18/09 2:05 am
UUMMM???..

We are suppose to go water rafting.. and hiking in Arizona... but we are staying at the extended stay hotel with kitchen and all utensils like home.. so I guess I have no excuse.. of course my family only  has 3 people so I was going to do a small roasted duck, or small 6 to 7lb turkey or other turkey parts roasted in garlic& herb rub with diced collards green, a revision dish of sweet potato casserole( NO marsh mellows), and of course my NEW RECIPE for cornbread dressing ( low carb version use Marie Calenders corn bread mix) with celery, minced garlic, onions, bell peppers, low calorie mushroom soup, with homemade chicken broth, and I make my own cranberry sauce, with sugar free cranberry gelatin, (with fresh cranberries, ginger, black berries,). If I'm not too tired by then some (SPLENDA  version cheese cake pie with fresh cranberries)... BUT NOTE :ONLY IF THE HUBBY REFUSES TO TAKE ME OUT TO EAT INSTEAD 
OF COOKING!!  I WILL THEN THROW A FIT TO GET MY WAY!!LOL!!
PLUS I CAN ONLY EAT no MORE THAN 2 Oz's of each PERIOD GOD HELP ME!! LOL
I hope you have a BLESS THANKS GIVING!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/09 7:31 am - Glenside, PA
My sister is having us over for Thanksgiving this year.  My goal is not not overeat.  Period.  I'm not going to deny myself anything.  I just want to taste everything before my pouch tells me I'm full!
bryden1401
on 11/18/09 8:31 am
We are just haveing a regualr dinner and pumpkin pie with splenda. I am making my signature mac and cheese only this year i am slipping whole wheat pasta in it so i can at least have a bite. I plans to have a small bite of sweet potatoes, a bite of mac n cheese and bite of green beans and of course turkey. Probably no roll for me this year lol. Not sure about dressing either. I think you can still have it just in moderation and only till your full not like last year where i ate and ate and ate till i was so full i felt YUCKY!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

KristeMitchell
on 11/21/09 2:17 am
I am planning on having a bite of everything and maybe three bits of turkey.  I am going to make a sugar free pumpkin pie this year.  I am not one to deny myself so I am looking forward to it.  

latinamommy
on 11/21/09 11:11 am - Winslow, AZ
My T-day meal will be exactly like it's been for the past 30+ years I can remember =))  Nothing is going to change and I am not remaking any dishes to suit me.  I will not deny myself a taste of anything and know better than to fill up on the bad stuff.  The only thing that will be different will be the way I eat.  I will eat my 2oz of turkey and taste everything else.  I am not even having sugar free pie!!  It will definitely be different for ME.  I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!! 
Dominique

Sabrenia8888
on 11/21/09 6:23 pm - Orlando, FL
I am going over to a friends house to get me a plate to go. I will nibble on that plate thoughout the holiday and weekend since I only can eat a little. Nothing sweet at all this year. It will definitely be a different Thanksgiving from any other.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views