Guess What I Did Today!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 10:46 am - Glenside, PA
Wore my shirt tucked in my pants!  With a balck belt in the beltloops.  Yep!  And I remember when I was GAINING weight and thought I looked fat that way.  Today, all I felt was thin and healthy.  It's funny how things can change.

Also, my weight is down to the "overweight" range!  I am now out of the obese range.  That is really exciting!
georgiapeachinla
on 11/11/09 10:07 pm
AWESOME!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/12/09 12:33 am - Bradford, PA
congrats - I'll be glad when I'm out of that obese stage.

It can be such an ugly word  :(  Especially with all the talk lately in regard to healthcare and wanting to charge "obese" people more money for health insurance.  The commentators think it's so easy to just eat healthier.  They are so clueless.  I wanted to scream at the TV yesterday - UGH!!  I can't remember who it was, but I'm ready to go on the warpath with these idiots who think  it's something that is so easy to control. 
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/12/09 4:46 am
You are right Luanne..
Got a letter from OPM headquarters I have to conduct a physical by March of next year... CRAZY my job(USDA) is going to start charging by health risk!! I glad I had surgery before next YEAR!! MY BMI was so high they probably would not even write insurance for ME!!... I guess this motivates me to keep the weight off or ELSE  pay for being TOO FAT!!.... Crazy !!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/12/09 11:34 pm - Bradford, PA
Lisa, yes it is crazy!!   They need to walk a mile in our shoes sometime to really "get it".  People just think it's a matter of diet and exercise.  Well sure, that works in the beginning, but man can not live on willpower alone..  It has to be a lifestyle change, but having this tool, certainly helps us with our goal so that it's not so cumbersome.  We feel as though we have a fighting chance by having this tool.  

I'm so glad that I did this surgery when I could as well.  Maybe I'll get out of that "obese" stage before they decide to jack up my rates even more.  Bring on the public health care option.
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
butterflydreams
on 11/12/09 1:19 am
 Awesome Job! I just reached the "overweight" range too. I can't wait to be considered "normal". Tucking your shirt in is an amazing achievement. Have you noticed that we spent so long hiding behind our clothes that once we do something like tucking in a shirt and wearing a belt we've accomplished something major - it is such a big deal! 

luanne711
on 11/12/09 11:42 pm - Bradford, PA
Isnt' that amazing how those simple little things are such a huge deal for us.  I still get amazed each time in set in my brother's kitchen table chairs and just slide right in.  Before, it hurt like hell to set in those chairs, in fact, he had two extra, non-sided chairs (for myself and my sister) to set in on Sunday mornings.  Plus my brother doesn't have to scootch in his chair anymore when I try to get in behind him to leave (tight space).  Feels great, but you're right, it's those little things which are SUCH a big deal  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views