First sandwich since surgery

bryden1401
on 11/10/09 2:57 am
Ok so i decided to try bread today.  100% whole wheat bread 1 slice and i made it into a grilled ham and cheese little low fat maoyo and butter oh my goodness it was yummy and i couldn't even fini**** before i could have eaten 2 whole ones meaning 4 slices of bread 2 slices of cheese and 8 slices of ham. I noticed i have been feeling very light headed as of late and i have not eaten much in teh way of carbs so i thought i would give it a try. This is not something i plan to eat every day but as a nice chage it was good.  I figure as long as i eat the good carbs and watch my intake I should be good.  I was tired of the same thing over and over. My pouch feels a little heavy but not bad i probably ate 3/4 of it and was done.  
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

luanne711
on 11/10/09 4:54 am - Bradford, PA
Doesn't sound too bad.  I'm usually good with about 1/2 slice of toasted bread and that does it for me.  I've put low fat peanut butter on it and some sugar free jelly and that makes for a nice treat.  Like you said, in moderation and I think you'll be OK.  Plus, as long as your Doc/Nut say it's ok, then go by what they recommend.  It's all good.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/09 9:59 am - Glenside, PA
Bread is so iffy for me.  Sometimes I get by okay and other times it sits like a huge rock in my stomach.  I hate that feeling!  On the positive side, pretzels are okay and they are a nice treat, too.
luanne711
on 11/11/09 2:07 am - Bradford, PA
yeah, I hear ya.  Last night, my son wanted grilled cheese sandwiches  with ham slices which I made for him and I thought, I could take 1/2 of an english muffin, toast it, then put a slice of ham and cheese on it to eat 1/2 of a sandwich.  I think I must have eaten it way too fast, cuz I had that huge rock feeling going on.  No fun.  I think I need to eat something before I get so darn hungry that I do that again.....

hmmm, pretzels.....I like those

but I also recently discovered Soy Crisps - OMG, they are great......yummm  - great for a little crunchy and tasty snack.
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/10/09 11:07 pm
I FEEl YA mouth watering NOW...

THAT SOUNDS YUMMY... Have you tried avocado, Swiss cheese, and then deli sliced ham  on one slice of Sara lee reduced carb whole wheat  bread then put it on a George foreman grill!! OOOH my GOODNESS.. IT TASTE like heaven...  I had to learn this technique after trying to eat a dag gone SUBWAY 6 IN... I took three BITES and My GUTS were SOAR FOR HOUR'S UGH!! But I can eat a sandwich like this better.. and it has a WHOOPING 22 grams of protein!!

I'm gonna try your recipe this weekend!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 1:40 am - IL
I really miss sandwiches.  I can't do bread, it doesn't like my band.  Oh how I long for a peanut butter & Jelly on toast.........
luanne711
on 11/11/09 2:08 am - Bradford, PA
is that typical w/the band or is it just too soon yet?
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
KristeMitchell
on 11/14/09 7:49 am
I had a slice of pumpernickel bread last night when I checked out the label and saw that a 1/2 inch slice has 7 grams of protein (Walmart bakery brand)!!! I couldn't fini**** all, but I had the but and I think it was more than 1/2.  It was a yummy way to end my day! Everything in moderation I like to say!

robinfrommilw
on 11/16/09 9:10 pm - WI
I tried a turkey melt. But I only used 1 slice of white bread. Sorry I hate any brown breads. Gross! So I grlled it with 1 slice of turkey and 1 slice of american cheese. Had lettuce and cucumber on the side. I was full! I barely eat bread. But was tired of eating the same thing every day. I was making grill chesse for the family and figure how about a turkey melt.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views