How do you really feel about your success so far?

Emilie J.
on 11/6/09 10:00 am
Since surgery, do you feel like you have done the best you can? Do you have any regrets? Do you look at other people and wish you were doing whatever they were? Are you happy with the amount of weight lost? Honest people, be honest :)
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
bryden1401
on 11/6/09 12:56 pm
Ok here goes honestly.
I feel like i haven't done as much as i can possibly, i don't have money for the gym and i know i need more excercise, i know i do there is no way around that.  Money is so tight and i want a WII but that isn't happening, i have been doing some crunches and such in my house in the morning and i always try to park further away from the store and hoof it.
I have found my self cheating some and it makes me angry I do eat crackers,pasta and rice but all in brown forms and still makes me guilty even though i have talked about it with my NUT and she said i was fine like tonight i had whole wheat spaghetti maybe at most one oz of it, but i heard so many ppl being so harsh on it makes me feel like i shouldn't eat it, but don't think i go the rest of my life without it they are not trigger foods for me sweets are. I love sweets but trying hard to ignore them at all cost. Part of me misses being able to go into a store and just pick up a snack like the rest of the family i have to really think about it now and read the labels. Oh well!

I still see the fat girl in the mirror no matter how many people tell me i look great. Like tonight my mom told me she coulndn't believe how skinny i was getting and i was like what ever i still weigh 246 but better than the 329 i started out at, however i still see the 329 in the mirror.  I think it is just my mind set i have always been the funny fat girl. hopefully that will change in my head soon.
Other than that i like that i can walk across the parking lot and not have to stop to breathe, love that i weigh less than my husband for the first time since we met in 1995, I think it is funny how close i can get my seat in the car now to my steering wheel lol.  I have no regrets i miss tons of things but those things only held me back in life now i can go forward in a healthier way and not look back.
MY BIGGEST FEAR??  GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK!!!!! I never want to go back ever!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/09 9:10 pm - Glenside, PA
I posted this on the other post but will repeat it here.

I feel guilty that I don't exercise every day, but I refuse to get angry or down on myself because of it.  I am WAY more active than I used to be.  I don't mind walking now, but have no interest in doing it "for exercise".  I think it's boring.  I like to walk with the purpose of GETTING somewhere.

I look in the mirror and still see all the fat.  I DO recognize that there is less of it.  I do see than I have more form and shape than I did so I know I have made progress, but I am by no means "thin".

I am also noticing that I am WAY more confident that I used to be.  I no longer choose to hand back in the shadows and hope noone notices me.  I volunteer for more things at work.  I no longer feel self-conscious about being seen somewhere.  I'm really liking that.

A recent thing is I have been a bit emotional the last couple of days.  I know that tends to happen with the weight loss as the hormones are released into your system, but I assumed that was over with?  Maybe not.  I'll just take it as a sign that I am buring fat again.  LOL

Overall I am loving my newer body and very afraid to gain my weight back again.  I have faith in myself that I will keep making better choices than I did earlier in life that put me into that fat body.  I have lots more faith in me now than I used to and that's a REALLY good thing.
Bthomas15
on 11/7/09 7:13 am
 I have my good days and bad. sometimes I look in the mirror and love what I see so far.. but then see people who had surgery around the same time I did and find my self wondering what the hell their are doing that I am not.
latinamommy
on 11/7/09 9:56 am - Winslow, AZ
No I have not done the BEST I can.  I cheat all the time.  I am super super stressed right now.  There are sooo many changes going on in my life, so many scary things and I wasn't prepared for it all AFTER having surgery.  I am not a stress eater but the exact opposite.  SO I don't get my protien in I don't get all my fluids in and I am lucky if I remember to take my vitamin much less the rest of the supplements I am required to take.  I know, I know I need to take them before it's too late but I just don't have it in me right now.  The only thing I see when I look at other people is their amount of stress compared to mine and I wish I could do what they were doing to ease it.  I know everyone has stress and no life is perfect but compared to my 33 years PRIOR to surgery this is the absolute worst time in my life!!!  The only regret I have is not trying harder.  I wake up every morning vowing to change.  vowing to resist the cheetos and halloween candy but at the end of the day I realize all I had all day was a mini snickers and a handful of cheetos.  I don't have the support I did in the beginning so that's a little tough.  I will get my mind right =)  I've lost a good amount of weight so far and I am soooo happy for that but I know I can do better!!
Dominique

2_be_me_again
on 11/7/09 11:51 pm
HIJACK... OMG... had I not read your username I wouldn't have believed your new avie!  You look fantastic!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

georgiapeachinla
on 11/7/09 10:11 am

Um mm...
I have a good day's and bad days... sometimes I feel awesome and totally glad I had this surgery.  But sometimes I feel like it's happen so fast, the old me tries to come back.. but you know what, not only is my body changing but also my spirit, change of mine frame.. but as always it takes time TO MAKE Change!!  I came a long way BABY!!
Peace & LUV
JULYER's

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/7/09 10:52 am - Bradford, PA
ya know, none of us are absolutely perfect.  We all have to focus more and sometimes, I realize it's easier said than done.  I wish I would exercise more, in fact, I set here on my recliner, laptop in lap (finally have one of those :-) and under my electric blanke****chin' TV.  But today was very full, did alot of walking, ate decent, didn't drink as much water as I know I should.  We can't change everything overnight.

To the gal who is having difficuties getting your meds in.......focus.  Go get yourself a 7day planner with about 4 different servings worth of taking pills through out your day.  In fact, maybe you can even take them all at the same time except for your multivitamins.  Once a week, I take my pill bottles, and put them into their appropriate box for each day of the week.  I could not survive without this organizational tool.  It's been a lifesaver.  There are so many pills we have to take and it's so important.   Sounds like you need to pick one issue and focus and pay attention very deliberately and just do it. You can do it!!   You need to get a routine set up for yourself.  When I wake up every morning, I take my pill box, empty out my 1st round of pills onto the counter top and proceed to take them all with a few sips of water.  Then I usually make a protein shake (sometimes not right on time, but eventually, I do put a protein shake together).   I wish that I could focus more on getting in as much water as possible.  For instance, right now, I should have a glass of water setting beside me and I don't.  That's been the hardest part for me is getting my fluids in.  Luckily, I'm at least aware, so with that said.....I'm going to enter this and go get my water.....

Be nice to yourself.  We've all been given a wonderful tool and you can get back on track.  Stay focused on your goals.  You can do it  :-0
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Cee *.
on 11/7/09 12:09 pm
Not crazy about where I am, not too disappointed. About a month after I had surgery, my dad went into a total of 4 different hospitals in the course of 6 weeks. He had 3 surgeries and we were driving 2 hours a day to and fro. My exercise was running 'round hospitals and keeping up with my 3 year old. Considering, progress has been okay. But since he's been home and I've been helping take care of him daily...I haven't been "all that I can be".

If I have a bad day, I try to remind myself that tomorrow is another day...heck, the next hour is full of other choices. Not only that, but I give myself a little leeway. If I've gotten in all my protein, I go for that craved food...but my rule is that the snack has to have some kind of protein in it. I prefer 5grams or more. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.

My mini goals so far have been met and my next one is to have a 75lb loss by the end of the month. 100lbs by month 6 (january).

Lab Rat Data so far...

2_be_me_again
on 11/8/09 12:07 am

Since surgery...I feel like I could be doing more.   I feel like during the pre-op phase I was determined to lose the weight needed to shrink my liver... so there was more following the rules then than now.  I still don't have any regrets which I'm thankful for.  I have been lucky that I haven't experienced any complications thus far.  My exercising could be a lot better.  For the most part I am happy with the weight loss thus far.  I have lost 72 in total since June and about 45lbs since surgery.  Do I wi**** was more?  HELL YES... especially since "that girl" lost a lot more in the same time frame.   This surgery has been 75% mental and 25% effort/ work for me.   I've experienced several stalls most recently a 3 weeker and finally I'm in the 220's.  My goal is to fit into a size 12 jeans and I'm already in a size 14 soooo all in all - I'm almost to goal.  I feel soo0  much better about myself.  I feel sooo much better in my skin.  I'm confident at work.  I walk with my head held high and I CAN see the difference.  I've lost more inches than weight since surgery so...I'm happy.  Oh... and I have to report - my boobs are shrinking faster than ever - I went from a 48 ddd to a 38dd so with that - my back pain has deminshed.  Thank goodness.

How about you?

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along