The food demons that come along with the holidays.

georgiapeachinla
on 11/4/09 10:35 pm
I know HUH.. I LUV the JULY group YA ARE AWESOME!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 11/5/09 8:46 am
I think I will copy your plan.  I am a big believer is not denying myself.  I find that a small bite is all it takes to satisfy myself and shut up the crazy voices that scream inside my head to eat that food. 

Jennifer P.
on 11/15/09 7:17 am - Erie, PA
The first holidays were tough to get others to understand that you just can't tolerate what you used to.  I think it was roughest on my husband.  We used to try to get to both families for dinner on Thanksgiving but by sitting # 2 we were miserable.  So, we rotated and we would have dinner at one family's and then desert at the other. 
After surgery, it wasn't a problem for me to eat at both, no desert unless I brought something low fat and sugar free and after all, I need to eat lunch and dinner...he was miserable!
Now we are back to the meal at one and desert at the other (sugar free of course).  I can make just about anything sugar free at this point, I even make sugar free sugar pie--an old Pennsylvania dutch recipe. 
I have a great sugar free low fat egg nog recipe that I love...add a little ginger brandy or rum if you'd like.
      * Jen *

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!