Crazy things we do when we're walking/exercising

luanne711
on 11/4/09 5:45 am - Bradford, PA

So this morning, I was able to squeak in another 3 mile walk.  Woo hoo!!   Dang, I really have to motivate myself to do these longer walks sometimes.  "Oh, just to the next house" is what I have to say to myself.  "Just a little further."  "I did it the other day, I can do it again."

So anyway, I live out in the country and walk on my paved country road, houses are probably, on the average, 1/2 mile apart from each other, some more, some less, but that's a good average.  I worry about bears or mountain lions or bobcat (yes, that would be "lions and tigers and bears -OH MY!!"  - lol)  coming out of the pines which set  right off of the road in some places.  And of course, when I say country, I mean cow poop on the road too from the local farmer fertilizing the fields.  It really is a pretty picture lol and nice and crisp in the morning. 

So anyway, this morning on my 3 mile walk (dang, I still can't believe I actually did it again)  :-)  I came upon the cow poop in the road and didn't want to step in it.  That stuff gets to stinkin' if you get it on your sneakers (lol)  so I started dodging the piles as I walked and found myself weaving like a drunken solder (minus the booze    -just the virtual kind) back and forth, kind of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, when they skip (I need to incorporate skipping into it) down the yellow brick road.  When was the last time you all skipped?  I'll have to do that next, just to say I did it.  So how do you change up your walking pattern or do you not dare for fear someone will think you're smokin' somethin?  lol

Also, before I got to the cow poop piles, I decided to "suck it in", my butt cheeks and my tummy, as I walked, from one house to the next and when I tried to relax, it didn't feel right to totally relax so I just kept up the squeeze.   I'll have to incorporate working more of my muscles when I'm on my morning walk.  Helps to break up the monotony to do something other than just walk.

Having that feeling of "being on that high" or a state of euphoria, call it what you will, we've all been feelin' it I'm sure (hope you are anyway), just being so darn happy that  I've been doing so well with my journey and feeling so much better about myself and my body (can't forget the body man!!).  It's just been a great feeling.  I'm smiling so much  more now, knowing that I have this tool within me.  Others around me are feeling the positive vibes too.  It's all good.

Today's music selection was:  ABBA's Gold Hits,   I find myself singing sometimes too when I walk..  Hmm, maybe that's why that darn beagle was howling at me  lmfao - sure explains it  lolol

So what types of things do you all do to break up the monotony of walking?  Do you have any favorite CD's which you play? 

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/4/09 6:00 am
LOL !!Ms. Luanne you kill me!!
I use to avoid the dreaded stairs at Santa Monica Pier.. 3 months ago when I first started walking them , these skinny chick's were passing me, and I was outta breath trying not to look like my big a----s was trying to catch up!! LOL Now I can do them and even pass those skinny chick's you know why? I envision me not being their size (TOO SKINNY!!  DEATHLY ILL LOOKING!!) but smaller and just as healthy!! My next goal is a 1 mile jog, then 2 mile jog, then final QUANTUM LEAP OF FAITH 3 MILES 3 times a week.. but hey anything is possible!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/4/09 6:19 am - Bradford, PA
luanne711
on 11/4/09 6:22 am - Bradford, PA
lmao - you crack me up too Lisa..    You go girl!!

Now how about that sand.  Try runnin' in that stuff for 3 miles.  That'll tone ya right up.  Can you say "10"  lolol   (visions of the movie)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/4/09 6:26 am
LOL!! BO-DERRICK LOL!! They would lock me up in CA with all these rolls hanging out!! LOL!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!