Bloodwork 3 months out

Joanna S.
on 11/1/09 12:10 am - Lonaconing, MD
My bloodwork didn't get faxed in time for my doctor's appointment so I just now received it.
A1C 6.2, down from 7.0
Fasting blood sugar 114, Down from 187
Cholesterol 165, about the same as preop
Triglycerides 89!   WOW! Down from 195
B12 is normal (had problems with B12 levels preop)
Iron is a tiny bit low (had problems with iron levels preop)
I no longer take diabetes meds or cholesterol meds.  In fact.  I take only 3 meds now, not the 13-15 I took preop.
I added one iron tabled every other day to the multivitamin with iron I was already taking to bring my iron levels up to par.
I am just AMAZED.  Three months.  What a difference.  This surgery was about my health and how I feel.  My health is improving daily and I feel GREAT!  I have no food issues.  I don't feel deprived.  I have been able to eat anything I've tried.  I haven't dumped.  I could kick myself for not having WLS sooner. 
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

KristeMitchell
on 11/1/09 1:19 am
That is great!

collinsne
on 11/1/09 2:28 am - Barre, VT
Joanna,

That is great news.  (You might want to add a stool softner with the extra iron.)

Nancy
Joanna S.
on 11/1/09 3:24 am - Lonaconing, MD
Yep.  The nurse at my doctor's office already warned me.  :)  Thanks!

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

georgiapeachinla
on 11/1/09 9:01 am

That's not too bad Joanne.. my iron was a little low too!!  But I feel ya.. no more blood pressure pills.. now instead of sugar being high.. it get's too low so I have to span out my meals a day like my regular doc told me.. BUT that's better than 6 mos. ago.. they wanted me on diabetic pill twice a day, water pill, and blood pressure once a day!! I feel awesome it's about health, and life for me.. because this is living NOW!!

Congrats on NEW Health
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/1/09 11:43 pm - Bradford, PA
What a big difference all the way around.  That's super.  I need to go for my bloodwork tomorrow morning (I wanted to do it today, but forgot to fast late last night  :(  So we'll shoot for tomorrow morning, then my next appt is Nov 17th.  Would be great to get off of my cholesterol meds, but I won't worry about it for now. 

I lost a few more lbs over the weekend, so I'm a happy camper.  I'm now down 51-ish (those points always throw me off -lol)

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/2/09 2:20 am
OOH Look at you Ms. Luanne... I LUV the hair!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/2/09 4:18 am - Bradford, PA
TY Lisa  :-)     I like it too.  Finally got my bangs back  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
AshleyDillo
on 11/2/09 6:44 am - Tallahassee, FL

Great stats!

I have my 3mos follow up on Nov 12.  I need to remember to do my bloodwork this week!

I'm off my diabetes meds too..my blood sugar is around 70-80 and pretty steady throughout the day.  The funny thing is I had BP probs in the hospital and I've been on meds ever since the surgery.  I'm also on a water pill for some edema issues..but that probably will never go away because of an injury to the back of my leg.

I'm excited to see if my bloodwork tattles on me or not!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views