I hate/love this time of year

bryden1401
on 10/31/09 1:18 pm
Seeing all the little gobblins is so much fun but i have 3 of my own and omg they came home each with a bucket full of candy and oh it looks so yummers some of my faves one guy was giving out full sized candy bars 100grand, snickers and crunch and i hate that it is all sitting in my face and some of it is so calling my name grrrr. WHY!!! I know most of it is just a matter of will power , then i go oh on mini sized candy won't kill me but....... ugh! and  from now till December is so hard all the yummies that coem with the season, turkey, pumpkin pie, cookies and on and on!!!   Kind of wondering how it will go.

Someone told me before you don't have to stop living your life and can still enjoy some of your faves but satisfy it with a bite of it not two or three whole pieces.  I must say however last year i huffed and puffed after my kids in my neighborhood and was snitching candy out of their buckets along the way, this year i wanted to go further while everyone else wanted to stop and didn't even look at the candy till about 10 mins ago and while my hubby chomped down on the full sized snickers bar I had a small small nibble of it and it was good but i was done and didn't feel the need to wolf it down in three bites, still tasted good but in the back of my head is the picture of me the day i had surgery with 81 more punds on me made me feel guilty.  So when i want something i hope it will always be that i can take that very small nibble and it will be enough i can feel like i can still treat myself just not to the whole pie LMAO!
Happy Halloween!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Laura_Illinois
on 11/1/09 9:06 am - Morris, IL
I agree with you. This is a difficult time of year.  I confess I did have 2 snack size candy bars. They were wonderful, but I stopped there. I think we have to allow ourselves at least a taste or we will feel deprived. We should not feel gulity for having a taste. We're only human.

It would be hard to deal with all that candy in the house. I just have to avoid it. I know it is my weakness.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!