Today is my 3 month RNY surgery anniversary Oct 28, 2009

robinfrommilw
on 10/28/09 11:17 am - WI

I weigh in today at 215.4 lbs today. So I am officially a 102.1 lbs down since Jan 2009. I lost 50 lbs from Jan 2009 to July 28, 2009. The day of my surgery I weigh in at 267.5 lbs. Today I weigh in at 215.4 lbs. So total loss of 52.1 lbs since my surgery which today is my 3 month surgery anniversary.
I needed the extra tool to get my life back on track. I do have to work at it every day. I no longer take any meds for diabetes, cholesterol, or high blood pressure. I just recently had blood work and without meds my A1C is 5.5 no longer diabetic, my blood pressure without meds is 120/80. And my cholesterol is 130. I believe the only thing was low was the good cholesterol which tells them how much you are exercising. I do ride my recumbent bike 1 to 2 hours a day 6 days a week. But I notice I never sweat! I do 10 to 15 miles a day between 10 and 14 miles an hour. So this week I am challenging myself by doing the programs on my recumbent bike where it takes you up and down hills. I do sweat a little bit. I just don't think it is enough to get what my body needs to lose the weight I need to lose yet.
I have develop batwings on my arms. I am able to control my diet and eating. But I need more motivation and find things that will work for me. I still not able to get off the floor to do exercises for my stomach. I did start doing some 3 lbs weights to help tone up my arms. And I also do some twist and side bends with the weights. I can only bend so far due to my arthritis in my knees before you hear all the crackling from the knees. I am afraid to do other exercise because I don’t want to hurt my knees or my feet. I am waiting for new balance shoes and orthotics to come in as well. I also went down a half size and 2 widths in shoes as well. I struggle a lot with my plantar facittis and had 3 cortisone shots as well. I also had snyvisc injections in the knees and 1 knee surgery to fix a tear. I am do again in Jan for the synvisc injections 1 in both knees for 3 weeks
I will hopefully reach 200 lbs by thanksgiving or maybe a pound under. Even if it is 199.9 I would be so happy. I don't recall the last time I weigh under 200 lbs. Oh yes I do the picture that I took with hubby a year before were married. It was in fall of 1985. I believed I weigh like 170. My goal weight is between 130 to 140. My ideal weight is 125 which probably will not happen as I will have all this extra sagging skin. I have not decided to have the plastic surgery. I know most insurance do not pay for it. And we don't have that kind of money living on husband social security. I am almost to the weight of my husband who weighs 214. I know I will bypass his weight very soon. It will be great not having to buy in the plus size. The new red top and red shorts are actually brand new and never been worn before. I went from wearing a 4x-5x tops to the one I am wearing now a 2 x. Which when I try it on when I got it from the weight loss surgery support group clothes drive it was calling my name. I figure oh this will fit me by Christmas. Well today I put it on and it was the one for my pictures. All my clothes are so big on me now but I still wear them because I don't want to keep going out to buy new clothes. The shorts I got off a clearance rack at Kmart in size 20. I usually wear a 22/24 in shorts or pants. I have always been one for the stretchy waist band. I don't recall the last time I put on pair of jeans. Well probably high school. I will be soon out of the plus size clothes. I will donate them to other weight loss surgery patients at the support group I go to. So they don't have to go out to buy them. I just gave away a very huge box full to my sister in law. They were way to big for me. I took my pre surgery measurements for the first time as I never took my measurements before that. 

pre surgery    
          7/25/09          3 month post op  

10/28/09

chest       52.5                        47
arms       17                            13
waist       51                            44
Hips        53                            47

thighs     25.5                          21

calves      20                           17.5
wrist         8                             6.5
forearm     11                            10
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

KristeMitchell
on 10/28/09 12:18 pm
Wow!!! What a difference! Keep up the good work!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/28/09 1:07 pm - TX
Great job, Robin!  You look great.  Keep up the good work.

Sabrenia8888
on 10/28/09 9:06 pm - Orlando, FL
Robin, Robin, Robin!!! You look stunning!!!! OMG what a transformation. I can not wait to get closer to the short end of the 200's. It got to be a great feeling!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
georgiapeachinla
on 10/28/09 11:57 pm, edited 10/28/09 11:57 pm
AWESOME JOB... YOU DOING FABULOUS!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

butterflydreams
on 10/29/09 12:54 am
 Happy Anniversary! You look amazing! Cheers to a new you  (of course that is a protein shake not a beer ;)

2_be_me_again
on 10/29/09 2:12 am
WOW... what a FANTASTIC job you have done!  Happy Surgiversary!!  keep up the great work!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

lori_lora
on 10/29/09 10:01 am - CA
Wow, you look great!! You look so much younger (we can all use that!!) Keep up the great work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views