OT - are you dressing up for Halloween?

luanne711
on 10/28/09 3:10 am - Bradford, PA

There are so many Halloween parties which I could attend in my area this Saturday night and I'd really love to get dressed up to go, but I'm not sure what I want to be......so many different ideas out there....a hippie (kind of boring, but I have the stuff), a hot looking African American woman (got the afro wig), Quasi-Moto (way too much work) or just something totally different.  Witches are boring (have that too lol).

What are you going to do or be?

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 10:50 pm
I haven't dressed up since college when I was a Budweiser can, lol

We take the girls to a festival and then to about 4 of our family's houses.  When I bought the girls' costumes, I got myself a little devil horns headband and I got the huz one of those beanie caps with the propellor on top.
saletiajohnson
on 10/29/09 2:46 am - anchorage, AK
Oh im going all out girl! I wanna look sexy! This is going to be my first halloween dressing up since I was in grade school lol.
luanne711
on 10/29/09 6:16 am - Bradford, PA
yeah, me too - the more I think about it, the more I want to do the same.  Gosh, I hope that wig is still in my halloween bag of tricks.  You'll have to take pictures and post them.   This could be fun  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Laura_Illinois
on 10/29/09 2:53 am - Morris, IL
A Zombie! Just tear up some old "fat" clothes and apply make-up.

I'm really struggling with Halloween this year. I love Halloween, but I'm a chocolate addict. I don't even want to buy candy for the trick or treaters. I'm 3 months out of surgery and I know I just have to avoid the candy aisle.

I just want to take myself out of the whole trick or treating picture this year, until I'm stronger (mentally). I think I might take myself and my dog over to Mom's house for dinner Saturday night.

Sorry trick or treaters, but this year there will be no full sized candy bars coming from my house, try again next year.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

luanne711
on 10/29/09 6:24 am - Bradford, PA
Thats OK Laura.  Just think of it as you are doing both yourself and those kids a huge favor.  Do what works best for you.  I live out in the sticks, so we NEVER get trick or treaters, which is fine by me, but my kid always likes to go out and bring candy home.  He's a candy junkie too.  I'm glad that when I was 20, I basically went on this kind of eating style, high protein/low sugar type of diet, so I had gotten away from sweets, not totally, but pretty much.  I always had a soft spot for Nestle's crunch and Reese's cups.  Yum.....We can almost duplicate the Reese's cup flavor now with protein drinks, so that works  :-)

Enjoy dinner w/your Mom Laura and hang in there.  Just turn your house lights off and do what works best for you :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 10/29/09 4:10 am
UUMM..
We'll Luanne  I don't normally do Halloween.. but my girlfriends are dragging me to a Halloween festival downtown Los Angel es.. I thought maybe since at work when I enter many of the processing plants.. they just can't stand the government.. they have the look like "DAM B---CH!!," LOL so I thought I would switch it up and go as Witch LOL.. see the connection.. but we'll see how that GOES!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 10/29/09 6:36 am - Bradford, PA
gurrrllll.....you just need to just dress up as a shameless hussie and F 'em!!   lolol     - people are so crazy aren't they, especially these days.  So many haters!!
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 10/29/09 8:23 am
You crazy Ms. Luanne!! LOL!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 10/29/09 2:26 pm - Bradford, PA
most definitely lol
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views