I'm having a BLAH moment...

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 1:59 am
I don't know what's wrong with me, I just feel BLAH.

Ya know what, that's not even right.  I DO know what's wrong with me.  A couple weeks ago, I lost 8lbs in one week.  I was on top of the world.  Then it screeched to a halt with the arrival of Aunt Flo.  After she left, my weight loss is still in Park!  I'm now in the middle of the 3rd week with no weight loss and it's getting a bit depressing. 

I know it's just a little stall and the weight loss will get going again soon.  But do you ever think...What if it doesn't? 

So that's what rolling around in my head right now.  What if I fail?  I have failed every other time I have tried to lose weight.  So why not this time too?  Just because I messed around with my insides?  That's why I will succeed this time?  Really?  But I'm still the same person who lost weight on every program and diet out there and proceededto gain it all back plus some.

Sorry to lay this on you, but you understand what I'm going through.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/27/09 6:20 am - TX
I was stuck for the last 8 days.  Finally, this morning the scale edged down again.   I lose for three weeks then stall.  It happens consistantly after I lose 10 or 11 pounds.

Hang in there.  I walk outside in this gorgeous weather will make you feel better!

mari F.
on 10/27/09 8:49 am - wichita falls, TX
Well, I am sure that everyone one here has felt like that at one time or another.  Although I have to say I am a bit jealous about the 8 lbs. in one week.  That is FANTASTIC! But really, all we can do when this happens is take a deep breath and keep on chugging along like normal.  I try my best not to get too obsessive about my weight but I do understand about being at somewhat of a stall. I have been stuck at 208 for about 2 weeks now. But anytime that I get down about it, I exercise a little more or just go for a walk and think about how this tool freaking ROCKS. There is no way that I could have lost (and kept off) so much weight as I have without this surgery.

Relax and it will get better. You are not going to fail at this because you have been following the plan.  As long as you do that, you are guaranteed not to fail. Chin up there sister - this too shall pass.

**bear hugs**

Mari

KristeMitchell
on 10/27/09 1:47 pm
I love this forum because everyone is going through the same things are are so encouraging.  I had a week like you a few weeks back and I have hardly lost anything in the last 2 weeks.  Oh well.  It will come of.  It just sucks when the scale doesn't move.  I even didnt' weigh myself for 3 days (unheard of for me) and the number had gone up by .3! I have been asking myself the same questions too.  My struggle has been wanting to eat like "normal" and I haven't been paying much attention to the calories and protien.  I am not sure if I am getting enough of either one.  I am going to go log on livestrong and see where I am for the day.  I just want to learn how to not be so obsessed about food.  I want to just relax and enjoy food and not feel guilty because I ate more rice than chicken.  Even though I only had 3-4 oz total! It really is a bit crazy if you think about it! This morning I made my lunch and snacks to take to work and then to my 3 month follow up appt.  I didn't have time to eat and I forgot to take snack to the appt so by the time my appt was over at 3:30 I had only eaten a string cheese, a protein shake, and lowfat milk in my coffee this morning.  That was no good! I felt so crappy! I inhaled a protein bar in the parking lot of the grocery store.  It is really hard finding healthy mid way point between being obsessive about what I eat and being out o control with my eating like I was before.  This is a hard journey.  It is worth it but it's really hard.  Hang in there.  We are all here with you!

Laura_Illinois
on 10/27/09 2:16 pm - Morris, IL
Ditto, baby, ditto!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

butterflydreams
on 10/27/09 9:06 pm
 I hear you! I only lose weight while IN my period which is odd! I feel the same as you a lot. I don't lose weight as fast of the other people on here. So I get myself down and discouraged. I also get the worst case of self doubt because of all the things you mentioned above. It's so easy to fall back on old habits. I think that no matter what you do in the first year you are going to lose weight with RNY. It's the years after we have to worry about because our bodies can learn to absorb fat again the way it used to after the first year. They re-routed us so that we can't absorb fat like we used to FOR NOW. Our weightloss might hit plateaus but we have to be patient. I am behind everyone else in the process. I still haven't reached 50lbs and I had my surgery 7/14! I started out at a lesser weight though, and I keep being told that this is why I don't lose it as fast as the others. I always find it funny saying lesser weight because 242 lbs to me is not considered a "light weight" but in the world of WLS I guess they look at it this way. I am really grateful to see someone else is experiencing some of the same feelings I am. We will do this! We didn't go through all this for fun! And looking at your stats you are doing GREAT! I am proud of you and you are headed in the right direction. Chin up! We are sisters on the Losers Bench! Woot! 

Val

Shida77
on 10/28/09 12:48 am
I stall too....all of the time.  When I look over my weight loss, I find that I only lose a total of around 10-15 lbs every few weeks.  I guess that's just how it goes.  I find that my clothes are looser and when I look in the mirror, all I see is skin (YUCK!). I know what I need to do, but just getting to do them is the struggle.  I exercise maybe once a week, and I know that is not enough.  I AM seeing that things are different.  I can't eat the same things I could just a month ago, like rice or pasta.  They feel like they blow up in my pouch and I feel sick for the whole day.  Just stick with it (like you have a choice ) and you will be alright.  I get those days of blah too......

Emilie J.
on 10/28/09 1:15 am
I have blah days to, a week or so even. I havent' weighed myself in a couple weeks, because the last time I did, I was really dissappointed, I had only lost 1 lb in 2 weeks. This stage is hard I think. We are so impatient, and want it to be next year now. We are still figuring out exactly how to manage all of this, and it is difficult. I am glad I am not alone,  because sometimes I feel like a whiner on my DS board.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
Sabrenia8888
on 10/28/09 9:23 pm, edited 10/28/09 9:24 pm - Orlando, FL
I have to jump in on this one FULL blast. I get blah moments all the time. It just seems like I am always in stalls. When I think I am doing good here comes another stall. However I have made up in my mind that this is the way things are and I have to adjust. Before WLS if this would have happen then I would have turned to food and that's when the weight gain starts. Now I am not able to turn to food and I just get in a depressed mode. This is when I stay away from the boards and try to re gain my focus. I have made up my mind that the here is where I can get support so I am not staying away anymore.

I too have not made it to the 50lbs mark and I feel like I am behind everyone else. Hopefully I will be able to get there soon. Alanna hang in there and know that this feeling is normal. We all have been there or are going through it now. Try and think about things you can do different to get your weight loss going again. That is what I have done and so far it's working slowly. Good luck hun and keep your chin up!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views