I weigh myself EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

luanne711
on 10/26/09 1:53 am - Bradford, PA
cuz if I didn't, I might miss those couple of pounds I lost in a week. 

Do you all have the same problem?   Weigh yourself one day and you're down 3 lbs, then you weigh yourself the next and you're up one, then up one more the next day, then sort of stay put and then eventually seem to drop a whole bunch, but yet really only 2 or 3 from that magical low number? .   It's crazy this dang roller coaster 

That's why I weigh myself everyday. 

When it seems as though it's increased (I realize it's probably just fluid or whatever).  Trust me, I figure if I got down and I'm still working my tool, then regardless what the scales say, as far as I'm concerned, I haven't gained any, especially when I know it's simply not possibly calorie wise to gain 3 lbs back. 

Am I kidding myself or do you all do that too and just hope and pray the scale goes back to that beautiful, lower number you saw a few days before?  :-)    Now if I start seeing 5 or 7, then I think I might get concerned.

You?
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
2_be_me_again
on 10/26/09 7:00 am

I don't weigh un everyday... it's tooo depressing in my case.  I weigh every Monday morning and for the last 3 weeks I have been 231lbs.  NO CHANGE in weight but the inches are coming off like crazy.  It seems impossiable that I can continue to drop inches and yet still weigh the same.   It's such a mental struggle for me.  sigh.....  still awaiting this "big drop" people talk about.

Hugs sweetie,
B

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

georgiapeachinla
on 10/26/09 8:10 am, edited 10/26/09 8:11 am
When I first started I did.. it was exciting.. then it became to ex-centric for me.. so I stopped.. and I make my daughter hide the scale from me.. LOL!!.. I finally found a scale that is 2 to 3 lbs from my Doc's, so that's pretty accurate though.. but don't do it Luanne you will drive yourself
BONK ER'S!!  I try to only weight in every other week.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 10/26/09 1:34 pm - Bradford, PA
Easier said than done for me.  So far, I haven't headed to Bonkers yet  ;-)  thank goodness, but I feel as though I need to stay right on top of it.  My dr's scales weighs 6 more lbs than mine does, so obviously I like mine better  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Granny57
on 10/26/09 10:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA

I weigh myself everyday.  I always have. 

If I am doing what I should and I am a lb or 2 up I don't worry about it. 

If I am not doing what I should and I am up a lb or 2 it is a warning to get back on track.

If I am doing what I should and I am down a lb or 2 then the plan is coming together!

If weighing everyday put me in a bad mood I wouldn't do it.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/09 12:21 pm - Glenside, PA
I don't weigh myself everyday any more.  I went through a three week stall and it was just too depressing.  I went back to once a week.  However, the scale is starting to move again (yea!) so I am back to weighing myself every day or so.  It's so much fun when it goes down!  Not so much when it stays the same for a (seemingly) long period of time.
luanne711
on 10/26/09 1:38 pm - Bradford, PA
I agree that it's fun and very exciting when I lose just one more lb.  That's exciting for me, big time  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/26/09 1:09 pm - TX
I don't weigh everyday anymore.  Officially, it's once a week at the same time under the same conditions.   I might step on the scale a few times a week but I only count the official weight on Sundays.  My scale is not moving right now so I'm trying to avoid frustration.

AshleyDillo
on 10/26/09 8:38 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I stick with once a week too and at the same time and wearing the same things.  That way I don't drive myself crazy!  I don't even own a scale, so I have to set up my Wii Fit to do the weigh-in each week.  That keeps me from jumping on and off the scale all the time.  When I visited my parents I used their scale 6 times a day..and let me tell ya..my weight fluctuated 9 pounds within the same DAY on that thing!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 1:39 am
I weigh myself every morning.  I haven't been liking the scale lately cuz it isn't budging.  I need to have my huzzy hid it or something.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views