GUESS WHAT !!

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 10:12 am, edited 10/22/09 10:14 am
I LUV chatting with the JULY group..
But check out this scenario.. on other boards.. I have been told that there is no way we will continue losing good like everyone is doing by eating 700 to 900 calories per day!!  I mean I do exactly what I'm told by my doc, and nutritionist.. then I do cardio, and cycling up 4 days a week or more.. I was told that this was too  many calories.. for you to be eating that  amount of calories and be losing what we say we do and I was even told that eating this amount of calories with high protein intake from this amount of calories I would not reach my goal.... I know I thing in my life i wouldn't lie on loss of weight especially when I have worked so hard to get it off..  OOH MY Goodness.. I didn't know everybody body is the same way.. you have to many things playing part in weight loss, age,  family demographics, body structure, metabolism rate .. just to name a few..I mean I have seen some in JULYER'S LOSE 100, 60,50, 80, 70, WHOOPING pounds early out this included with pre-op and post -op weight!! Of course hater's even exist any where.  I just wanted to tell you ladies that you ROCK.. and keep ROCKING the weight loss because they are hating on JULYER's

GO JULY & STANKY LEG ON IT,
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Joanna S.
on 10/22/09 10:27 am - Lonaconing, MD
My doctor told me to get everything in (fluids, vitamins,etc) and stay under 1000 calories and I will lose weight.  I'm averaging 850-900 per day.  For me, it seems the closer I get to 1000 calories the more weight I lose.  My advise is continue to follow your doctor's advice (look at you it's working!)  and ignore the haters.  
Joanna 

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 10:35 am
Thanks you working it too!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/22/09 12:34 pm - TX

I don't believe that's true for one minute.  In fact, that amount of calories won't sustain a healthy body and will, most likely, shut down your fat burning and throw your body into starvation mode- especially later on.

My doctor told me I should be getting 1000-1200 calories a day.   I try to get 1000 but don't always get there. 

The year prior to surgery I was eating 1400 calories a day and that was satisfying with a normal sized stomach.  I was losing slowly but had other issues inhibiting weight loss. 

When I get 9-12 months out I'm going to pay to have the Med Gem test to determine my resting metabolic rate so I can find out what the optimum number of calories I need to lose and/or maintain my weight based on my metabolism.  It's supposed to be a fantastic source of information but it costs $125 and is not covered by insurance. 

Julyer's Rock!

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 11:15 pm, edited 10/23/09 1:11 am

You right Poohinand..

I don't have MD behind my name.. I don't try to be a know it all but I think my DOC has over 25 yrs experience with this surgery.. I gonna try what you call it MED GEM.. ask my DOC about .. when about 8 mos. out .. go info.. OOH that's why I luv  ya guys.. JULYER's are the realist CHI CA'S a girl can chat with!!  "I f you can't stand to convo with the big dogs  then don't reply".. that's my moto

HERE TO JULY!!

Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 10/22/09 1:16 pm
I read the post that you are referring to and frankly that woman didn't know what the hell she was talking about.  We are large people living on under a 1000 calories a day.  Of course we will lose weight.  Everyone is different.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  IF/when the weight loss slows, re-evaluate.  Don't mind the haters!

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 11:09 pm
Your right..

It is just sad to see that on this site.. some people give such narrow minded responses.. because that last time I checked we all are on this site because UHH WE WERE TOO FAT AND CHANGE OUR LIFESTYLE.. 
THANKS KRISTIE...  I guess that's why I LUV JULY BOARD BECAUSE  YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!
Lisa 

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:17 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
You know...folks always got something to say when you're trying to do good and  positive things!  My momma use to tell...if folks ain't talking about u, then you're not doing something right.  The proof is in the pudding baby...us July'ers are DOING THE DARN THANG!

And not to mention the  encouragement that goes on amongst us.  I've never experienced anything like it...even amongst my family.  It's awesome.

I think if we continue to listen to our dr's, nuts, and take the good advice from each other...we're  destined to win!  I know I feel like an extraordinary winner every time I step on the scale...so Jill Scott said it best when she said, "hate on me haters!!"...

Guess what...we're still STANDING!!...and walking, running, swimming, cardio AND MOST OF ALL LOSING....
we're doing BIG  THANGS!!

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 11:05 pm
Thanks Ms. Gena..

I know JULYER's got to be doing something right!!
Lisa 

luanne711
on 10/22/09 3:04 pm - Bradford, PA
Lisa, I'm proud of you for standing your ground.  I've seen a few other "testy" type posts on the message boards.  I felt like she is/was a "right-fighter" and you were simply stating something which you viewed as a probable situation.  My thinking is that if we are too rigid, we may fail and I believe some some people's rigidity will eventually burn out on them.  I mean, kudos to them if they're able to maintain this "will" forever, but I know that it's a lifestyle change as you know too.  I guess I just don't understand how some people can be so adamant and judge others.  I couldn't agree more with you that the younger you are, the easier it is to lose weight.  That's always been true.  I don't know what she's smokin', but she needs to pass that puppy along  ;-)  lol
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views