Julyer's I need updates!

saletiajohnson
on 10/23/09 3:12 am - anchorage, AK
How has everyone been doing.. Ive been lurking for a while.
Im just wondering how much everyone is down.
Has anything drastic changed?
What is everyone eating! Im still stuck with fish, turkey burgers
Ive tried salad..iVE tried everything what am I talking about! Lol
But I stick to what I know.
thatgirltx
on 10/23/09 4:35 am
I am doing well... I am down about 50 pounds from surgery, and about 63 from the two weeks before surgery.  Went from a 24 to a 16/18.  Now THAT'S progress!!!!

mymar816
on 10/23/09 5:07 am, edited 10/23/09 5:11 am
Hey Saletia, I have been a lurker as well, but honestly its because I was in yet another stall. But I just did the math and I have lost 65lbs since surgery and that is almost halfway to goal... THAT IS FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks for posing the question S i am gonna get up and get moving to see what I can do abut the rest of this jelly that needs to just jiggle away....

saletiajohnson
on 10/23/09 6:23 am - anchorage, AK
Im down 65 too! and have hit another stall! twins!
Joanna S.
on 10/23/09 7:54 am - Lonaconing, MD
I'm doing ok!  Had a little pouch pain this week, but it seems to have cleared up today.  I've lost 55 lbs since the day I came home from surgery.  I'm down two clothing sizes in tops and bottoms.  I've lost 1/2 a shoe size. 

I'm eating just about anything I want.  I go out to eat a lot, and I can always find something I can eat.  I'm still at 1/2 a cup servings.  I plan to stay at 1/2 cup for the first 6 months. 

I'm don't eat rice or pasta by choice.  The only bread type products I have are whole wheat wraps and multi-grain, rice, or soy chips/crackers. 

I avoid sugar because I was diabetic going into surgery.  I'm not taking any diabetes meds!!!!! 
I was taking 13-15 meds a day pre-op, and now I'm taking 3. 

I haven't experienced dumping.  I've thrown up twice from eating too fast.  (I waited too long before meals and didn't take my time and chew)

People are starting to really notice my weight loss.  Overall I am one happy camper!

Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

robinfrommilw
on 10/23/09 8:59 am - WI
Wow I finally hit the 100.1 lb mark this morning. It has been stuck at 98.9 for awhile now. I am so happy that I finally made it. I weigh in today at 217.4 I start in Jan at 317.5 lb. Surgery day I was 267.5 lbs. So that is 50 lb before and 50 lbs after. So not too bad. I hope to be  under 200 by thanksgiving. Not sure if I will get there. But if not I know will be there by sure by christmas.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/23/09 10:18 am - TX
I'm down 54 pounds so far.  In a bit of a stall at the moment which has been typical.  I seemed to lose for three weeks then stall for a week.   Overall, happy with my progress!

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 1:10 pm - Glenside, PA

I've been too busy to even lurk but that should be changing now that some events are behind me.

I am down 63 lbs overall.  I feel wonderful! 

I eat about 1 cup at a time and I eat whatever I want.  I do restrict my bread because it sits so heavy in my stomach.

I just spent a few weeks hoovering around the 195 lb mark but I seem to be losing again. 

I am growing out of my size 18s.  I do have a couple of 16s but I think they may be mis-marked.  Anyway, I just feel so much better I really don't care what the size label says!

I try to be as active as I can but have not gotten into the habit of regular exercise. 

KristeMitchell
on 10/23/09 1:44 pm
Hello!
I am down 71 since surgery and 100+ since last fall.  I am having to buy new clothes all the time...darn. I love shopping now! I look like I am melting! I stick to high protien foods  85% of the time.  I do enjoy most everything else, but in small doses.  As long as I am meeting my protein goals then I am happy! I am trying to shoot for the 2:1 ratio with carbs. 

butterflydreams
on 10/29/09 1:04 am
 I am so jealous of you! I want to be down 71 lbs too.. Waaaaa!
I think it's awesome that you are shopping and having fun with this. You deserve it! I have sold all my stuff on Ebay! I need to hit Good Will and buy some in between temporary clothes until I am at goal weight! My pants are all falling off of me now! I love having this problem though! 

Keep up the good work girly! 

Valerie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views