ARM TONING....HELP!!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:57 pm, edited 10/22/09 3:00 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
My arms are as flabby as the neck on a turkey!!....

Has anyone discovered any good toning exercises to get these arms under control.  I already know...once the skin is stretched...it's stretched....

but seriously...there's gotta be a way to tone some of  this!!  I am doing some arm exercises with 2.5 lbs weights on each arm.  I just purchased actual arm weights that you velcro on, so I'm going to start doing more with those too.

I seem to be dripping the weight off below  the waist in my legs, thighs and feet...but above the waist -- NOT SO MUCH! 
Come on....tell me something good!

What's working FOR YOU fellow July'ers??

AshleyDillo
on 10/22/09 8:32 pm - Tallahassee, FL
My arms are a mess.  I don't think there's really anything saving them.  Even if I do toning exercises all you'll see is the defined arm and then a hanging pendulum of skin (and for now fat).  My PCP told me to do reverse pushups using a bench or a chair to help.   You just make like you're going to sit on the bench and put your arms down on the bench and lower yourself up and down using your arms.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 11:22 pm
OOH Ms. Gena..
They are a hot mess aren't they!!...
It's real hard to tone them when your dropping weight fast... but this would have been the same scenario if you did weigh****chers.. or any other weight-loss program.. I mean I look smaller in the waist, hips, and chest... THEN BAM... JIGGLE JIGGLE!! UGH!! I think what my trainer has help me with lessen the blow of the jiggle... so I bought what he told me.. 10, 20, 40 arm weight reps... I got them on line at Wal-Mart for only 29.00 dollars not too bad.. I can forward you the poster of the correct way to do arm curls.. I think it helps a little.. but then again when I get to my goal weight I might look into getting my arms done..my insurance will pay 40 percent if a must have..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

bryden1401
on 10/23/09 1:06 pm
OH i can fly my wings are horrendous.I just don't think there is help for it lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Joanna S.
on 10/23/09 10:24 pm - Lonaconing, MD
The only thing that's helping me is 3/4 length sleeves.  HA.  Seriously, I'm using 3 lb weights  and I even bought some expensive skin firming cream.  It's not working.  I actually had someone STARE at my saggy arms the whole time she was talking to me the other day.  I can just picture those people who always have something to say about my weight switching to talking about my saggy skin.    There's always somebody trying to keep us feeling bad about ourselves. But I'm not having it.  I promised myself going in that I wouldn't sweat the saggy skin.  I'm 46, so my skin has been stretched out for a long time and has no elasticity.  Yes, I currently look like the saggy baggy elephant, but I'm so much more healthy than I was when I was fatter and firmer and for me that's what it's all about.
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

Sabrenia8888
on 10/25/09 4:32 pm, edited 10/25/09 4:34 pm - Orlando, FL

For me my arms are not too bad yet. They are flabby though. My biggest problem is my bottom waist. To me it is still the BIGGEST thing on my body and it seems like it is not going down. HOWEVER it is. I was wearing a size 30/2 and now I am in a solid 26 at the bottom. I actually got into my first non stretch jeans the other day and they was a size 26. That was a WOW moment for me. I can get into a 2xxl shirt now and before I was wearing a 5 to 6xxxxxxl shirt. My top is getting so small.  My personal trainer is working on the bottom part of me so I can look more porpotional. I am  for sure going to do plastic surgery. I am going to wait about 18 months before I do it but I can not wait. So that means I have 15 months to go. So my countdown to plastic surgery is surely on my mind.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views