daily protein?

jdr1208
on 10/20/09 3:17 am - Worcester, MA
ok seeing as how we're supposed to get tons of protein in, what are you eating during the day to get the recommended amout of protein in? i cant seem to get enough. ideas?
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 4:12 am, edited 10/20/09 4:13 am - TX
I try to eat 1000 calories, get a minimum of 80-90 grams of protein and keep my carbs to 50 grams daily.  These are some of my staple high protein foods:

Protein pancakes--Fage Greek yogurt, protein powder, egg beaters (30 grams protein)

Chicken breast, tuna, shrimp or turkey burger patty for lunch (20+ grams protein)

Iced protein latte every afternoon (30 grams protein)

Lean meat fish or chicken with veggies for dinner  (20+ grams protein)

glass of high protein milk before bedtime (12 grams protein)

robin2p
on 10/20/09 4:19 am, edited 10/20/09 4:21 am
Personally, I finally broke down and ordered some of the IDS New Whey Protein supplements. Each one is 42grams of protein. Since we have to make sure we drink enough water, I take one tube and dump it in a 20oz reusable water bottle and add unsweetened herbal ice tea. It tastes good that way. 
I have found the cheapest price to be at http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/search.asp?strSearch=New+ Whey+liquid+protein&submit2=Go%21 so far. It's about $7 for shipping if you just want to get one box to start with. Just make sure you get the 42gram - they also have 25gram for about $2 less.
I also add powdered whey protein to anything that it will mix with like yogurt. I even found you can buy dried egg whites in bulk and that will mix with yogurt too. Just don't put it in anything hot unless you are trying for an egg drop soup style.
Hope that helps.

Bthomas15
on 10/21/09 2:47 pm
i use Super Whey Protein shot..its in a 2 oz tube and it has 26 grams in one tube..so I can drink really fast.
georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 4:07 am
YUMMY soy vanilla drink 8 oz 15 grams...
Grand ma's salomon patties 1 med. patty 20 grams
barilla whole wheat pasta with meat sauce 25 grams 3 ozs
egg delight one medium egg scrambled, or boiled mixed so cottage cheese.. 30 grams ( sounds yucky but tastes pretty darn good)
chili 30 gram for every 3 to 4ozs
UMMM the list goes on.. also check out you tube.. there's this lady that lost over 200 pounds anyways.. she cooks and has som preety good different recipes but I just put a littlle twist on them.. www.pouchfriendly.com or  just type in pouchfriendly in youtube, and also EGGFACE has good  stuff to cook.. like a lot.. got to go because it's lunch time BABY!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!