Are you drinking caffeine?

Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 11:07 pm - Morris, IL
I don't drink nearly as much coffee as I did before surgery, but my little homemade coffee treat is to add one rounded teaspoon of regular instant coffee into my diet hot cocoa. I call it mocha cocoa. It's like having a little treat.

I only have one per day and I don't drink them everyday. It's nice on a cold morning to have something warm drink and I get my chocolate fix in.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

KristeMitchell
on 10/21/09 2:24 am
My doctor said one cup of coffee a day is fine.  I have never liked coffee before, but I do now.  I have been having it the last few days.  I take 1 cup of water, 1 packet of diet swiss miss and 1 cup of milk.  Serve hot or cold.  11 grams of protein and 50 calories.  I'm not going to worry about it.  I just don't want to start drinking more than one or two cups a day.  It tastes really good!

IRAYD8U
on 10/21/09 4:51 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I do occasionally drink a flat soda.......I don't worry as much about the caffeine as I maybe should......since caffeine is linked to malabsorption of IRON.....which matters more to some than others....

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Shida77
on 10/21/09 1:51 pm
I drink tea ALL OF THE TIME. I do get tea that is unsweet, but it is not always caffeine free.  Caffeine is a drug though and does trigger hunger sensations.  BUT, I gave up all the soda and sugar so I feel safe with my tea.

latinamommy
on 10/21/09 5:00 pm - Winslow, AZ
I drink a half cup of half-caff coffee every morning with my mom.  I don't feel one bit guilty for doing it.  And (OMG) I usually have a cookie to dip in my coffee.  Again no guilt.  I also drin****d Tea every day.  Arby's has a sugar free blackberry flavored one that I am sooo hooked on.  I gave up Sodas, Energy Drinks and smoking for this surgery.  I think of my vices caffiene is the least worrisome.
Dominique

Emilie J.
on 10/22/09 5:48 am
I don't know if it is a DS thing, but truly, I have not been told by my surgeon, or heard anyone mention not being able to drink coffee. Actually, coffee was one of the drinks on my post op eating plan. I don't know why coffee would be a hindrance to you? Caffiene is a diuretic, so you would need to up your water a bit, and maybe if the flavorings and cream have to much sugar/carbs? I don't know. I just started drinking coffee a month or so ago, and I have done fine with it.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/22/09 9:06 am - TX
Caffeine is also considered to be hard on the stomach and I think they want us to be careful so he don't get ulcers or other stomach issues. So far, I don't think it's inhibiting my weight loss and I am going to continue to have some diluted coffee products in moderation.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views