Are you drinking caffeine?

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/19/09 11:16 pm - TX
I know I'm not supposed to but I can't live without one coffee type drink per day.  Usually, it's a Believe Mocha Latte (20 grams protein) that I sip while I drive the kids to school.  Lately, I've been making my own Iced Pumpkin Spice Protein Lattes.    I'm also drinking iced tea on occasion in addition to all the water.  It's the one vice I can't give up.

Do you drink caffeine?    Do you think it hinders your weight loss?

georgiapeachinla
on 10/19/09 11:40 pm

I choose not to drink caffeine, but my DOC says it is okay to occasionally have  a decaf coffee. I give up Star Bucks right before surgery.. what also encourage me is that caffeine is linked to blocking arteries, and women have an increase in heart disease with high caffeinated drinks..  Have you tried decaffeinated  products?.. don't taste as good thought?

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 12:26 am - TX
I use decaf products including decaf coffee.  My favs have caffeine but I'm limiting caffeine to one per day.     

jdr1208
on 10/20/09 2:44 am - Worcester, MA
i drink coffee every day otherwise id fall asleep. but i think its messing up my weight loss... i dont know what to do.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 4:25 am
I am not doing the caffeine.  I have never been a coffee drinker but was a huge soda girl!!!
luanne711
on 10/20/09 5:08 am - Bradford, PA
I miss my coffee too, but every now and then I'll have some decaf mixed in w/my nectar cappucino protein shake.  It helps to have something warm to drink.  :-)  I haven't had any caffeine since, geez, it must have been around May or so that I quit drinking regular coffee. I've forgotten  :-)     I did ask my Dr. about it and they really had a "don't do it" look on her face and said "MAYBE" after 6 mos, but if you can avoid it, please do. 
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 6:05 am
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 6:55 am - TX
OK, now I'm feeling guilty!  Honestly, it's not about the caffeine.  I mean, I don't "have to have it"
to make it through the day.  I just really like the taste of my protein lattes.   Click protein drink has caffeine too! 

**Sigh**   I gave up carbonated beverages a year ago, I gave up sugar . . . I guess I'll go back to decaf , for now.  

Goodbye, 6 oz of Pumpkin Spice coffee!   

AshleyDillo
on 10/20/09 8:26 am - Tallahassee, FL

I don't do caffeine.  It triggers carb cravings for me and makes me retain water.

I do try and squeeze green tea into my diet a few times a week.  It has minimal caffeine and it supposedly stimulates the metabolism.  I've always been a bigger fan of tea than coffee..I would order the chai at Starbucks,

There's a recipe floating around for a Chai Latte protein drink that I want to try sometime.  But I need to find some unsweetened decaf tea powder in order to make it.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

saletiajohnson
on 10/20/09 8:57 am - anchorage, AK
I drink at least one coffee drink a day! No guilt over here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views