Does anyone use Wii Fit?

Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 7:22 am - Morris, IL
I have been thinking about purchasing Wii Fit and Wii system for exercising. Can anyone give me some feedback on it.

I've never used Wii and I was wondering if I can get a quality workout or if I'm too large for it.
Is it worth the expense?

Thanks for your help. I need to get exercising!!!!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

STACY RICHARDSON
on 10/20/09 7:30 am
RNY on 03/02/09 with
yes you can get a good work out on a wii. its great for cardio and toning. i recomend it all the way. good luck
AshleyDillo
on 10/20/09 8:19 am - Tallahassee, FL

I have it and I love it.  For the Wii Fit game the weight limit is 330 lbs.  The balance board itself can support 400 and some other games do use the board.  It's a great starter for fitness and balancing and it serves as a scale and weight chart as well.  If you're just introducing yourself to exercise I think it's a great place to start.

Another good purchase (which makes use of the balance board optional) is EA Active.  It's a great personal trainer program that comes with resistance bands and it completely customizable.  It also will estimate how much of a calorie burn you did during your workout. 

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 1:39 pm - Morris, IL
Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I'm going to have to buy myself an early Christmas present.

Is EA Active a game program or and exercise kit?

I know nothing about "gaming" programs.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

AshleyDillo
on 10/21/09 11:07 am - Tallahassee, FL
EA Active is a game for the Wii.  You have to have the Wii gaming system to use it, but you don't have to have the balance board (which is usually sold packaged as the Wii Fit).  It comes with the game, a leg strap and a resistance band.  It's less of a game and more like watching workout videos.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

georgiapeachinla
on 10/21/09 12:20 pm
We'll Ms. Florida had me thinking after all the scales I had purchase didn't give accurate results.. I LUV it.. and  I have the EA ACTIVE that connects to your arm.. AND you know what it's CHEAP!!! your own personal gym & trainer!! I LUV the YOGA.. I burned like 550 calories one set.. that's very good.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE FLORIDA GIRL!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

mari F.
on 10/20/09 11:48 am - wichita falls, TX
I absolutely LOVE my wii fit :)  That is what I use on a weekly basis to keep track of my weight and BMI.  They also have a Biggest Loser workout for the Wii that I am going to buy this weekend.  I can't wait! 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 12:01 pm - TX
I have one and really like it.  I need to branch out and get some new fitness software for it as I've been doing to same old thing.

Gena L.
on 10/20/09 1:19 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Like others have posted....I am a HUGE fan of the Wii fit!!!  It has really help keep me on a good regimen when I can't get to the gym.  It's so fun that sometimes I do it even after coming from the gym!  It does have a weight capacity of 330...and boy oh boy was I super excited when I finally got below that weight so I could use it.  It was a banner day for me!! 

So go ahead and give it and try and let us know how u like it.

P.s. - Wii boxing is another awesome cardio workout and I especially loved it because I really need to tone my arms and it gives u one heck of an arm workout!!!

Take Care.

Gena

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 10:50 pm
I don't have one but I sure do want one!

The problem is talking my husband into that kind of expense.  We don't have any video game systems so the girls aren't into it and I really think I like that.  So I'm torn...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views