Scales

georgiapeachinla
on 10/16/09 12:43 am
Hello fellow Julyer's

Just curious I have a scenario going.. I bought a brand new analog scale.. and health-o-meter digital scale.. I' m curious to which to use to be accurate as my doctor's digital scale and counter weight scale.. anyways.. when I went to my doc's I weight 264lbs, the digital health-o-meter says 295lb,and the analog says 268lbs.. I thought digital are suppose to be accurate I was told by a friend a Wal-mart that people return busted scales all the time and they just tape the boxes and put them right back on the shelf, she said the health-o-meters are the most returned to the store.. I think the analog would be my best bet.. curious to what everyone else uses?
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Papoose79
on 10/16/09 12:52 am - Horn Lake, MS
I have a health o meter digital scale from walmart and I wish I would have read this before I bought it! To be honest it has been pretty good and on point all I did was change the battery. There is a 1 or 2 lb difference from that at the surgeon's office.

From the looks of it the analog seem to be the closets to me. Keep doing them both and see what you come up with down the line or just return the one with that 30lb difference!!
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
Satinysilke
on 10/16/09 2:03 am - CA
Hi,

I have a Health OMeter scale too and it is not acurate and weighs me anywhere from 4 to 9 pounds over what my doctors scale weighs me.  I found that the weigh****chers glass scale is the best and weighs me right on with the doctors scale I also have a taylor digital scale.  (you see what is going on here-- scale obsession)  I own 4 scales because i was in search of one that would actually weigh me exactly like the doctors scale.  So far it has been the WW scale.

Hope this helps!
~ Satinysilke~
RNY 9/1/09

georgiapeachinla
on 10/16/09 3:29 am
I thought so too.. but when I return it this morning they had received over 15 scales!! i think something is wrong with mine weighting me at almost 31lbs difference.. I think I'm going to buy the one I found on the web .. it's the same one used on BIGGEST LOSERS but a woophing 75.00!! But least it will be accurate.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

georgiapeachinla
on 10/16/09 3:36 am
Mine did too for the first week then weight  started fluctuating.. the health-o-meters are very delicate I was told.. if you step the wrong way, sling it around, or keep moving it to another location can be off the calibration in them. PLUS I use to work at WAL-MART while in college.. you would be surprise how things come in on there TRUCKS!! OOH well!!
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 3:15 am
georgiapeachinla
on 10/16/09 3:32 am
Yeah I believe your right.. I return the scale and got my 35.00 dollars back.. crazy thought when digital should be better.. JUST NOT AT WAL-MART!!. That SUCKS!! but I did purchase the biggest losers scale.. suppose to be very accurate.. WE WILL SEE!!
Lisa 

AshleyDillo
on 10/16/09 7:53 am - Tallahassee, FL

I don't even own a scale--I just use Wii Fit to keep track of my weight.  I only check once a week at the same time of day so I don't drive myself crazy with fluctuations.  It's usually about 3 pounds less than what the scales at my support group weighs.

The analog scale I stepped on at a local grocery store was spot on with the Wii Fit, though!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

georgiapeachinla
on 10/16/09 11:24 am
I just purchase a Wii & Wii fit got to figure how to use it. Thanks for the info
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 10/16/09 12:59 pm

Although that scale you bought was bananas, I think it's important to pick a scale and stick with it. I bought a scale at target a week before surgery and that is the only scale I really look at to track my weight loss.  The drs office, the surgeon's office and the 2 scales at work all put me within a 5 lb range.  But I also weigh myself at the same time in the same outfit (hubby's t-shirt and underwear;).  So I know it is accurate since it is always the same condition.  Good luck! Hope the Biggest Loser scale is bette!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views