Well...I can finally tell my sister...TMI

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 4:38 am

...that I have thrown up! 

Maybe you remember me talking about my bossy sister who knows everything there is to know about WLS and the only time she's been over 120 was when she was pregnant.

Well, I have noone to blame for last night's episode but me! 

I bought some chicken and pasta fundraiser plates and brought them home.  But we had a PTO meeting last night too.  I didn't get home until 5pm and the meeting started at 5:30pm and we live 10 minutes out in the country.  So I think you can feel where I'm going with this.

I rushed my supper.  I didn't chew good.  I didn't even like what I was eating but I still ate it.  About 5-6 bites into it, I felt the pain and then I realized what I had done.  So I got up and walked around with my arms up in the air.   Tried belching.  Anything to get rid of the pain.  OMG it hurt.  Finally after a few minutes of distress, my body decided to send it back up.  I was never happier to vomit.

I felt so bad because my girls witnessed the whole thing and no matter how much I reassured them, they knew Mommy was not alright!  Afterwards they decided I was to never eat pasta again.  I think I agree.

But...I made it to the PTO meeting, lol. 

Afterwards at home, food was the last thing I wanted so I made me some chocolate milk and was very happy with it.

Nothing like an episode like this to put you back in the right frame of mind.  I'm calling my NUT and making an appt to make sure I'm on the right track.

georgiapeachinla
on 10/14/09 4:48 am
OOOH be careful girlie..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

IRAYD8U
on 10/14/09 5:16 am - MONTICELLO, MN
LOL I did that with a hard boiled egg less than a week into solids.....I won't make that mistake again!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
KristeMitchell
on 10/17/09 2:31 am
I barfed with a hard boiled egg too! I tried eating it plain.  Yeah, no bueno.  Now I make it with Miracle whip. 

jdr1208
on 10/14/09 5:53 am - Worcester, MA

ug im so sorry you had to step over to the darkside of the surgery. i have been throwing up ever few days since about week 2 out. i have talked to my dr and my nut and theres nothing wrong with me, either i eat too fast or too much or my body just likeso reject food (ironically i have had this issue since i was pregnant with my son, and after having him i still suffered hardcore acid, now i just throw up.
i understand what you mean about it feeling good to throw it up. i hate being nauseated but sometimes, nothing feels better than getting that pain to go away!
also how old are your girls?
my poor toddler (he will be 2 in dec) has unfortunately had to witness my sickness too many times... now he is just like "mommy sick?" "daddy, mommy sploding" this week it became "mommy thats amazing! good job in the potty mommy" lol

so anyway, i just wanted to let you know you're not alone!!!!!! i understand completely!

jill

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 10:50 pm
Your son cracks me up!  Good job, Mommy!!!

My daughters are 7 & 8.  The 7-yr old is Little Miss Bossy.   She acts just like my sister, who I call "Big Miss Bossy", but not to her face, lol.
amy1515
on 10/14/09 6:49 am
I too have thrown up once!  It was about 2 weeks into soft foods that i made an eggface low-carb pizza and only ate one piece of it.  I had exactly the same experience as you with the pain and when it did come back up, it was just the pizza, no acid or yuckies.  I know i had just over-done it with the tortilla (way too early post-op)  and i probably didn't chew it enough.  I'm soo sorry that you have had this experience but, i"m sure you learned your lesson, just like i did.  The thing about our" weight-loss tool"  is that it keeps you on track even when your schedule doesn't want you too.  We don't have a choice but to follow the plan!  or we get sick!  It's just part of the process to see what the limits are.  You'll be fine from now on and I'm sure won't have this problem again.  Don't beat yourself up about it -- it was a learning experience!!  I'm sure you're still on the right track.  I know when it happened to me i was disgusted with myself and thought i had really blown it. A few days passed, and I have been really careful to chew chew chew since.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/14/09 8:32 am - TX
It happened to me with a piece of chicken I didn't chew up enough.  Foamies . . . then vomit.  I was never soooo happy to get the food back up and out of me.  

Glad to hear you resolved it quickly.  It's so uncomfortable!

AshleyDillo
on 10/15/09 8:31 am - Tallahassee, FL

Man..I must have the pouch of steel!  I still haven't thrown up once.  I did get a piece of a calcium pill stuck about 4 weeks out and felt the nausea and salivating kick in, but I was able to walk and jump around and it eventually dissolved or went down.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

lori_lora
on 10/15/09 10:07 am - CA
I have had the opening to my stomach stretched and I still throw up one or two times a week. I make sure I eat slowly and chew really good. I have almost accepted throwing up as part of my new life. I go back to the Gastroenterologist on the 26th, I'm kind of hoping he finds I still have a slight blockage, cause I just can't see having to live the rest of my life like this!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views