do you dump?

jdr1208
on 10/13/09 5:39 am - Worcester, MA

ok so a question... from what ive heard dumping is like having the worst hangover mixed with the stomach flu... pooping, and puking, cold sweats, shakes, dizziness... eventually pass out...

i havent had this, i have puked from eatting too much or too fast. i have gotten diarhea (TMI i know...) i have gotten sleepy from eatting sugar... but ive gotten none of these together... now... i have cheated and eaten some sugar, or eaten too much... one lady i spoke to said just eating cereal with milk has made her dump. i want to avoid dumping if at all possible. and i know some people just dont dump... so im wondering what your experiences are...

thanks!

oh and for an update... i pigged out this weekend, sat around on my lazy butt and ate... broke my stall and lost 5 lbs... i dont get it... but now im 2lbs away from the 50lb mark. any ideas why when i act like a fat kid i lose weight?!?! but when i eat appropriately and work out i stall?!?!

anyway thanks for the input!

jill

amy1515
on 10/13/09 8:33 am

I ate 1c of regular (full of fat and sugar****cream last monday nite and did not have any of the dumping symptoms.  The stats for dumping are that about 20% of people never have it, but my gf has been post -op for 5 years and she can eat something one time then the next time she dumps.  She has never passed out and I haven't heard of anyone else passing out from dumping either. (though they may feel that way)  I think it's just a matter of trying to not eat too much sugar or fat at one time to avoid it all together.  It's probably just a CRAP shoot if you're gonna dum*****t!!! LOL!!!

Maybe with your stall, you're not eating enough when you behave?  I know that you need food (fuel) to burn in order to lose weight.  Maybe your body needed the extra cals this weekend to not think it was starving.  Try to eat a little more everyday instead of binging all weekend.  Best of luck!!! 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/13/09 9:39 am - TX
Increasing the calories speeds the metabolism.  Did you eat more calories than you normally do?     If you're eating too few on a regular basis you'll be in starvation mode and won't lose efficiently.

I haven't dumped and have tested the waters slightly a few times.  I avoid sugar but if I have a little it doesn't seem to bother me.  I really want to try the No Sugar Added ice cream but I'm not doing it until I'm closer to goal.

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 11:34 am
I haven't dumped. But there have been a couple times after eating, that I have just felt crummy...not what I've heard dumping is.

I am a carb-ho.  I have got to keep myself away from those bad boys.  Not high in sugar, but that white flour gets me.
KristeMitchell
on 10/13/09 2:30 pm

Carb-ho?  LOL!

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 12:06 pm - Glenside, PA
I seem to be able to eat sugar sometimes and have bowel problems (diarrhea) at other times.  It's a bit of a crap (excuse the pun!) shoot for me, too.  However, I have noticed that too much fat seems to go right through me, always.
KristeMitchell
on 10/13/09 2:36 pm
I had one episode like that early out, but nothing since.  I really don't test the waters.  I do enjoy 4-5 M&Ms pretty regularly, but other than a small bite here and there, I don't eat sweets.  The episode I did have sucked so bad, I really want to avoid it.  As far as working out, I find that when I workout my weight loss stalls.  I am much more active than I have been.  I walk my son to and from school. I take the stairs. I play with my kids more.  But as far as a structured work out, yeah no...

jdr1208
on 10/13/09 11:09 pm - Worcester, MA
thanks for all the info! i really appreciate the input even if i did ask a TMI question lol!
yeah i dont want to test the waters too much but sometimes...
i really think i should up my calories more in the day... but i feel like if im drinking all im supposed to, when do i have time to fit MORE food in?!?!
so i know some people are anti the wii fit (personally, im a huge fan!) i ran a 20 minute free run last night, then topped it off with 10 minutes of yoga and strength exercises. felt really good, and somehow gained a lb. i dont get it! lol

jill
mystimel
on 10/14/09 6:27 am - Long Beach, CA
Occasionally I've felt the smallest signs of dumping, just an icky feeling all around, but it's not too severe or long lasting and it only happens when I really pu**** It's good cause it makes me rethink what I choose to eat, but it isn't enough to make me give something up even when I really really want it. 
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!