Introduction - Newbie on this forum

Pat G.
on 10/11/09 2:45 pm - Benton, LA
I've been hanging out mostly on the RNY forum, but I think it would be good for me to hear from other patients who had surgery around the same time I did.

I had lap RNY on July 16 and have been doing great since then - no complications from surgery, no food intolerances (yet), no dumping (haven't tested it), no grouchy pouch. Sometimes it seems like I never even had surgery except for the fact that I'm not hungry anymore.

I guess I'm doing okay on weight loss -- lost 20 pounds pre-op and about 45 since surgery. But I do wi**** was going a little faster. I've still got about 35 pounds to go -- well, 45 pounds, really. I'm hoping to lose a little beyond goal so I have some wiggle room when I gain a bit back.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about y'all and getting to know you. I think I'll learn a lot in this forum. Glad to see y'all are active!

IRAYD8U
on 10/11/09 6:05 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Wow Pat you're doing do well!  This group is a great bunch!  I spend most of my time on the Light Weight board since it has a bit more activity and the I relate more with thier stories....but there is nothing like being able to come to a group of people who's experience is in line with yours!  Welcome!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
georgiapeachinla
on 10/11/09 11:39 pm
WELCOME..
THIS IS A AWESOME CREW!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 1:31 am
Hi Pat!

Welcome to the July board.  Glad you are here. 
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/12/09 2:35 am - TX
Welcome to the July board, Pat!

Sharon 

mari F.
on 10/12/09 5:14 am - wichita falls, TX
Welcome aboard!!  Glad to see another friendly face on here for July :)  Sounds like you are doing terrific!  Keep up the great work.  I am about 35-45 pounds away from my goal as well - I had my lap RNY on July 10th.  I am in a size 16 and looking forward to being smaller than that! Haven't seen that size since right after high school so I know I am on the right track. 

Do you have any problems getting enough protein everyday?  I am still struggling finding a balance of liquids, protein, and food.  Any ideas?

Pat G.
on 10/12/09 5:31 am - Benton, LA
Most days I do okay on my protein - well, I'm aiming for 60 grams and I usually make that goal. I probably need to increase my goal at this point. What is your daily protein goal?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views