Exercise challenge!....We need it!

IRAYD8U
on 10/7/09 3:48 am - MONTICELLO, MN
OH MY!  It seems the majority of us.....me included.....are not following the exercise program as we should be.....I don't know about you but I'm tired of feeling like I'm getting "SOFTER"!  I think we need to have an exercise challenge!

This website
www.youngwomenshealth.org/fitness/index.html has a great list of toning, aerobic and stretching exercises with pictures and a weekly planner!  It's not just for teens........LOL  I don't know about the rest of you but I think I'm out of shape enough to work out with these plans.  It's a nice start.

Any thoughts on how we should do this????

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
saletiajohnson
on 10/7/09 3:58 am - anchorage, AK
I have no Idea how we should do it. But, it shall be done!
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/09 4:44 am
Hey Heather,

I was doing great with exercise (thanks to your challenge to me), and then I got sick last Sunday.  It's just a cold but I surely don't feel like exercising since i can't breathe through my nose. 

But, I have a plan.  In the meantime I am focusing on getting well.  And, this weekend I am attending a three day WLS retreat in Del Mar, CA that my surgeon has every year.  My wife is also attending and our children will be staying with my sister- Woo Hoo!

The surgeon has a busy retreat planned and it includes several exercise classes throughout the weekend.  I am counting on it to jumpstart me again.  And...I finished turning a portion of our garage into a gym.  We have a "hiker" style treadmill that goes up to a 25% grade and a complete Total Gym.

I'll give a report after the retreat.

Chris

IRAYD8U
on 10/7/09 4:49 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I hope you feel better before your "retreat"!  That sounds like it would be a blast!  So glad to hear you finished turning your garage into a gym!  I've been working crazy night shifts during the week so I'm all off on my sleep and exhausted EVERY day!  I'll come back around,  I have too!  I'm turning to blubber!
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/09 4:54 am
Well that explains it Heather.  Night shifts suck!  Your body is angry with you!  That's why we don't have night vision! 

I know you.  you are a motivated person.  You'll come around!

Hugs,

Chris
luanne711
on 10/9/09 3:37 am - Bradford, PA
I was able to get 10 minutes on my lonesome treadmill this morning.  I have to add "fast" minutes.   That's big for me  :-)

Do any of you listen to an XM stations while you're workin' out and which one has the most continual beats type of music?
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
IRAYD8U
on 10/9/09 6:40 am - MONTICELLO, MN
If you have an Ipod try this website it is completely free to subscribe!  Great variety of music
www.motiontraxx.com/

Heather
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 4:32 am
Well heck, the thread about not exercising got a lot more hits than this one

Heather I think we should put together an exercise challenge.  I love to compete so it would make my lazy butt get off the couch.

How about one week it could be minutes walked, then one week how many arm strength training reps and then one week how many leg strength training reps...or anything else...

I'm ready and willing!
amy1515
on 10/9/09 10:47 am
I just got Zumba for beginners from amazon.com today!  I'm gonna try it tomorrow!( latin dance ) My exercise has been mostly just walking and i gotta find something else to do for the snowy winter!!!
IRAYD8U
on 10/9/09 10:56 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I love kettlebells!!!!  This is fun!  I'm saving up to buy this program.

www.kettleworx.com/
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views