im not in a stall, im in a stop

jdr1208
on 10/2/09 3:58 am - Worcester, MA

i dont know what to do. i havent lost any weight in weeks. i am over 2 months out and i feel like im stuck. i have measured my inches and i have lost 29.5 inches but nothing in the past week or two. and the scale dropped down like 7 lbs in 1 day the other day then while i slept i guess i put it back on. i dont get it. i know one of my problems is my schedule for eating food, if i eat early in the morning or even in the evening i feel nauseated, and almost like im pushing myself to eat and in some instances it just comes right back up. but in the afternoon im like a ravaged starving person. i stop at my 4 oz but my stomach still gurgles and i still feel physically hungry so i try to drink more and more water, and then i still want to eat. ug im just a mess. ive lost 45 lbs and i see all you guys breezing past me and i wonder if im stuck for good. i dont know what to do and im getting really discouraged.
anyone else going through this? or did i screw up my rny? gr
thanks guys!

jill

saletiajohnson
on 10/2/09 4:26 am - anchorage, AK
What was your starting weight? 45 pounds in 2 months is really really good. Im almost 3 months out and lost 55. It will happen. Watch you will wake up and drop some poundage.
jdr1208
on 10/2/09 4:36 am - Worcester, MA
my starting weight was 268, i am now at 223, last night i was 223, this morning i was 226, 2 days ago i was 218 (my 50 lb mark) then the next morning i was 225.
georgiapeachinla
on 10/2/09 4:55 am
I  think you are still doing good, 45lbs dropped in less than two months is good.. you may also need to take in account like you said... you may not be getting enough calories in.. if that is the case then your right your weight loss may slow -up until your body receives adequate amount of calories to let go of  the weight.. But I wouldn't get disappointed because everyone is different.. internal and external.. meaning.. I would not base how everyone else is doing compare to you.. and your body.. My weigh loss slowed up the fifth through seven week.. then BAM it hasn't stop since.. it will happen.. you might won't logged in your calories intake everyday.. that helps there's one on OH website ..

I have nothing but good thoughts for you
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/2/09 10:29 am - TX
I went through something similar a few weeks ago.  You're body is going through an adjustment period.  Stick to the plan and you will start losing again. 

IRAYD8U
on 10/2/09 11:29 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Jill,

I've been gaining and losing the same 6 lbs for the last couple of weeks.  I think we are really in a stall....I haven't lost as much as you have...only 39lbs since surgery.......you aren't doing as bad as you feel you are......I've been questioning if I've ruined things too......but I know I havn't.....I havn't lost any inches this last couple of weeks either......you are not alone!!  We'll start losing again....just don't get on that scale!  I've decided to weigh once a week and that is it!  I can't keep seeing this up down crap...it's far to depressing!!

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
atg106
on 10/2/09 9:27 pm

Hi Jill-

I don't think you've stalled, but you need to keep the fundamentals of the surgery at mind always.  Protein first, and always try to get some form of exercise everyday.

Recently, I started eating better, watching when I drink water (making sure it's 30 minutes post-meal), and I have been starting to lose weight and feel better everyday.

I know you will do it.

-Al

Lisa O.
on 10/3/09 10:55 am - Canada
I'm glad you posted this message because I was feeling the same way. I have lost 46 lbs. in 2 months and felt as if the scale has stopped for good. Everyone's replies have given me hope and inspiration to just keep looking ahead and it will come off.
Lisa O

robinfrommilw
on 10/3/09 12:13 pm - WI
I am having the same issues as well. Its this battle with the scale. One day says you loose and another day you gain it back then you lose most of what you gain back. And then it stays there. I just can't get past this either. So frustrated as well!
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

collinsne
on 10/4/09 6:51 am - Barre, VT
Jill,

I had my surgery 1 week before you.  My surgery weight was the same a yours and I'm only down 22 lbs.  I've had two stalls for a couple of weeks each time.  But during those stalls, body shape was changing. 

Like the others have said.  Protein first, exercise, and get your fluids in.  If you're not eating enough, your body thinks it's starving and holds on to every oz it can.

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views