Anyone using Mederma?

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/09 1:25 pm
At my post-op appt. I was told I could use Mederma on the lap scars.  Anyone using it and what kind of results are you getting?  Or maybe you are using something else?

To tell you the truth, at the time I thought...the scars are on my tummy and nobody is going to see them so who cares.  But I've been thinking alot about it and how much I think I'm worth.  The old me would have done nothing and let me tell you, my poor body has the scars to prove it.  But the new me wants to do things differently!  I want to take care of my body...even if noone else but me or my family ever sees it.  So I bought some of the Mederma cream and we'll see if anything happens.  But there is one thing that I have realized, even with a little thing like this...

I'm worth it!!!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/27/09 10:13 pm - TX
I'm not using anything.   Each one is an inch long and fading fairly well on their own.  I'd be interested to hear your experience with the Mederma though.

I'm getting a tummy tuck at some point so I'm hoping the scars and flabby stuff will be pulled down and cut off!     

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 4:52 am

I think I would like to get a tummy tuck too but we'll see.  I've been saving for a trip to Ireland in a couple years and that is just going to blow my savings.   I'm gonna be broke but I can't wait!

Omg my batwings are already hitting me in the face when I wave hi to someone.  Something sooooo needs to be done to them!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/28/09 5:19 am - TX
I think my arms will be okay, not the greatest but I'm toning them up. However,  my boobs are another issue entirely!  

georgiapeachinla
on 9/27/09 11:15 pm
I have been using palmers Co Co Butter... works very well bearly can see the scars..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 9:43 pm
Love your new pic, girlie!!!  You look smokin'!!!
georgiapeachinla
on 9/29/09 2:07 am, edited 9/29/09 2:07 am
It's  a wonder what  Be-WEAVEABLE can do for you... LOL.. When your hair starts shedding LOL..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/09 9:35 am - Glenside, PA
I started using the Mederma gel but it didn't seem to make a difference.  I can't stand the smell!  My scars are anrgy red lines.
AshleyDillo
on 9/28/09 10:45 am - Tallahassee, FL
I'm so pale that I'm nearly transparent, so my scars will probably stay for a looong time.  From what I've heard most of the scar minimizing creams don't really work.  Most of the benefit comes from the actual massaging and stimulation of the blood vessels and scar tissues.  Right out of surgery it was recommended once our scars sealed to rub lotion on them to keep from getting adhesions or lumps from scar tissue.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Shida77
on 9/28/09 11:37 pm
So funny, I was looking at my scars this morning.  My scars are fading away. I hope I get to have the skin removed...my arms are disgusting already! I gotta get in that gym to work on this!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views