I feel like Im failing.

saletiajohnson
on 9/25/09 6:52 pm - anchorage, AK
So, today my little brother ordered pizza and I ate about a half slice. I havn't lost a pound in a little over a week and im just getting depressed. I feel like im failing! I can't even control myself.
I just had to vent you guys!
megan pagliughi
on 9/25/09 8:05 pm - larksville, PA
happend to me lastnight everyone was eating pizza im like ugh fine ill just go make my own pizza lol so i made one of eggfaces tortilla pizzas and it was soo yummy...try that next time and dont feel bad just start over today and follow ur guidelines best of luck!

AshleyDillo
on 9/25/09 10:26 pm - Tallahassee, FL

How many slices of pizza would you eat in one sitting pre-op???

Don't get discouraged!  You can still be successful even if you only follow the plan 90% of the time.  Just kick up your protein intake, move a little more and you should see the pounds start dropping again.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

georgiapeachinla
on 9/25/09 11:52 pm
Alright ALASKA...

We will not let you accept DEFEAT  .... I know for myself even if you ate a half slice of pizza... that is nothing compare to what you would have done previously... RIGHT??? ... you still occasionally treat your self a small treat just in moderation... I believe that's what you did... you just don't want to eat something out of emotions GIRLIE... oooh yeah... I did that right after I started on real food post op... I regret it because I threw up all day.. I too can be an emotional eater.. but that is very dangerous in our condition.. what I do now is ... I go for a long walk.. and remove myself from the temptations... IT WORKS TRY IT OUT..
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE... YOU HAVE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT!!
GOD BLESS
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Joanna S.
on 9/26/09 4:13 am - Lonaconing, MD
All those diets that didn't work, remember those?  What did we do?  We deprived ourselves of something or another for a long period of time until we couldn't take it anymore and we ate it and we ate and ate and ate and sunk our diet.  Going into this I told myself that I would never eat bread, potatoes, rice or pasta again.  That was stupid of me!  I was still under the old diet mindset.  Yesterday I ate a quarter of a bread stick.  Today I had 1/2 a slice of  wheat toast.  I don't  feel guilty.  Half a slice of pizza is not a bad thing.  Just stick to the 4oz a meal rule (I'm sure the pizza was no more than that) three times a day and you will be fine.  Those stalls suck, but at this point it is not your fault.  It just happens.
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

saletiajohnson
on 9/26/09 8:16 am - anchorage, AK
Thanks for the replies! I feel a lot better now.
IRAYD8U
on 9/26/09 11:12 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I ate A WHOLE slice of pizza last night........LOL.....bad choice I know.....but hey should I have to suffer and never eat pizza again........I THINK NOT!!!.......Don't let it bother you.....next time you find yourself in a situation were you are eating something that is a bad choice.....ENJOY THE HELL OUTTA IT!.......and don't do it again for awhile........YOU ARE NOT FAILING.......I know I'm not.....cuz I'm back to protien shakes and good for me food today....cuz to be honest that greasy slice yesterday made my pouch feel icky a couple hours later........LOL  I love my new guts!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
KristeMitchell
on 9/26/09 12:29 pm
Hang in there.  It's just part of the process.  We all have to learn to eat in moderation. A half a slice of pizza is great.  I ate the top off of a pizza the other day.  It was a yummy spinach alfredo with chicken and tomatoes. Delish!!! As long as you are getting in your protein and water and vitamins then the rest should be yummy food in moderation.  I keep my carbs low most of the time so I can induldge in the occasional tortilla or warm bakery bread.  If your going to "cheat" make it yummy! I hope the pizza was great and satisfied you.  We need to learn to be satisfied with a small amount and not feel guilty about it.  Keep doing what you're doing! It's all part of the journey. 

Shida77
on 9/27/09 9:56 am
Oh No you are NOT failing buttercup! I understand that feeling of guilt, BUT in reality that half a slice is ok.  You didn't go overboard, you didn't stretch your pouch in one sitting (which is impossible by the way).  Just because we had surgery does not mean we cannot eat "normal people" food.  Prior to surgery, I would eat almost 4 slices at one time! So, your little half a slice is nothing.  I haven't had pizza yet, but I have had a french fry, a bite of cornbread, sushi, even fried cheese! Usually I "fail" once a week.  Stalls suck, and when I hit them I feel like the surgery isn't working. Bu, I know I'm wrong and in a few days you will lose again.

BTW, I heard somewhere that even if you eat nothing but crap, you will still lose weight.  Will it be as much as you may want? Probably not. Will you feel as good? Probably not. BUT, the occasional cheat won't ruin anything. And what I find is once I taste that thing I CRAVE so badly, I find it doesn't taste as good as I thought and usually I wind up sick LOL!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/27/09 10:44 am - TX
Don't beat yourself up.  You're doing fine. 

I ate a slice of pizza last Friday (mostly the toppings because the crust feels stuck after two bites).  You are not failing!   My weight loss has been extremely slow lately too.   I'm going to increase my exercise and keep moving forward.

Ummmm, and by the way, half a slice IS controlling yourself! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views