A WEEK of WOW's

JulieTX
on 9/24/09 7:21 am, edited 9/24/09 7:25 am - Whitehouse, TX
Many of you may know that I am at a workshop with our company whi*****ludes offices all over north america.  Most of my collegues I have not seen in a year. 

It has been wonderful.  Comments and compliments about my weight loss.  Some quietly, some more publically...all very good for my self esteem!!  A common theme - "You look great!"  I have told a couple of people about my surgery and comments from them were mostly for concern for my long term health and about how hard of a decision it must have been.

It is truly in this kind of situation you find out who your friends are...who cared about you regardless of you weight.

It has also been an interesting week since I am outside my comfort zone on eating.  I did bring a couple of shakes, but the schedule has really not allowed that I run to my room and mix up a shake.  I have found something to eat and stayed on track all week...easier than I expected.  I even had my very first veggie burger.  I can honestly say..not too bad.

You also know that you are treated differently.  I have noticed I get more attention and I can only imagine what it will be like next year.

Next month I will see another group of people - my customers - that have not seen me in a year.  Hopefully I can shed another 10 pounds by then!

I hope every one of my July friends can have this same kind of uplifting experience along their journey!!!
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/09 9:25 am
Woohoo!  What a great week you have had.  

I go to a convention in February and I wonder how people are going to react. 
lori_lora
on 9/24/09 9:54 am - CA
How wonderful to be getting so many compliments!!
Keep up the good work!!
georgiapeachinla
on 9/24/09 11:12 pm, edited 9/24/09 11:13 pm
Good for you..

It just shows that not only do you have a change in body.. but also mind and spirit.. because you have change how you eat... and see food differently.. congrats... I have training to attend to in Washington D.C  next month... curious to see old friends and see what they will have to say... also if I will need a set-belt extender on the plane trip ?

Keep doing what your doing girlie!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/24/09 11:15 pm - TX
How exciting for you!  Keep up the good work.

Granny57
on 10/3/09 1:28 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Isn't it wonderful to see people you haven't seen in a while and have them notice you weight loss?
I have lost around 30 lbs, slowly and people at the office are used to seeing me shed pounds and gain them back.  So far, no one knows about my surgery so I am quietly waiting for the lbs to drop and for them to realize - hey she's a skinny Mama!!
I have had friends that I haven't seen since the surgery compliment me and it feels great.  My BF actually told me I was getting an hour glass figure.  (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!  LOL)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views