Protein Pancakes!

KristeMitchell
on 9/21/09 3:57 pm
Hey guys!
I have been trying out some protein pancake recipes and so far so good.  I did eggface's chocolate pancakes and there were yummy and my 5 year old loved them even though he hates cottage cheese.  I also tried out the Greek Yogurt pancakes.  Tastes more like regular pnacakes and they are yummy too! Here are the links! Happy eating!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3909261/Shari-Nik-Help -Fage-Greek-Yogurt/

182 calories and 15 grams of protien.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/03/choco late-monkey-pancakes.html

The whole recipe has 140 calories and 10 grams of protein. (less the banana cuz ewwwwwww!)

Top with sugar free syrup! Yummy!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/21/09 10:48 pm - TX
Thanks for the review!  I've been wanting to try that recipe and add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.    It's rainy and dark today and a little comfort food sounds good. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/09 11:11 pm
Sounds good!  I love a good pancake!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/22/09 10:29 am - TX
I stayed in my jammies until 11:00am enjoying the thunderstorm and a good book.  After seeing your morning post about pancakes, I just had to try them.  So, I made the cottage cheese version egg beaters, one tablespoon vanilla protein powder and one tablespoon sf vanilla DaVinci syrup. 

I sprinkled in some pumpkin pie spice before I whipped it up in the food processor.  After I cooked them, I spread a little of my favorite pecan pumpkin butter from Williams-Sonoma on top and drizzled them with sf maple syrup.  YUMMY!  It was a deliciously satisfying brunch.  I will definitely make them again.

KristeMitchell
on 9/25/09 2:18 am
yummy!! i need to get some pp spice. I love it in my oatmeal.  I also love to add some pumpkin pie filling to it. but I am not sure if it has sugar, so we will see.  I have to find a protien powder I can stomach.  I may have to break down and buy the one eggface uses ($50 a tub! Yikes).  I wish I could do the walmart one since it is so cheap but ever since surgery even the thought of it makes me want to hurl... bleh... 

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 1:38 pm - Glenside, PA
I can't wait to try these.  You both make them sound SO good.
georgiapeachinla
on 9/24/09 2:17 am
Ugh... tried to make the protein pancakes this morning ... mouth watering while cooking... BUT MINE TURN OUT LIKE CRAP!!! Give me some help on that..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 9/24/09 7:08 am
What was wrong with them?  Too mushy? Too thick?  Too dry?? My batter was very thick so I added water to make thinner pancakes and they worked pretty good.  Did you do the cottage cheese or yogurt?  Let me know and I'll see if I can help...

georgiapeachinla
on 9/24/09 11:20 pm, edited 9/24/09 11:20 pm
Tried again this morning this... turn out a little better, I used some plain yogurt.. i guess batter was too thick they were YUMMY... my 14 yr old LUV them.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!