Calm down, stop worrying, and be happy, grateful people!

KristeMitchell
on 9/20/09 6:19 am
I think you made a really good point about us all feeding off each others worries at times and the comparing part.  It is easy to get caught up in all of this.  Thanks for sharing your point of view and I think you did it in a very nice and non-judgemental way!

mystimel
on 9/20/09 1:27 pm - Long Beach, CA
Thank you!
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

georgiapeachinla
on 9/20/09 2:49 am, edited 9/20/09 8:01 am
I read your blog and you know what...
I'm a rationalist like the next man.. but what you may need to realize that your emotions and strengths may be at a level were someone else on this website may need a extra push, kind word, and encouragement..to carry them to the next level in their weight loss journey....What you may feel as whining, ungrateful, the fact may remain that everyone on the same journey as you.. may not reach that same mind frame or train of thought JUST TO FORGET AND MOVE ON!!... To me this is a SUPPORT WEBSITE.. meaning people coming together to bring unity and understanding!!... To you it may feel like they complaining.. but some people need a little understanding or enlightenment to get through a DARK period through there life... because you know what just because of the weight loss doesn't mean that the heart STILL NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT AND HEALING...We are all in battle... A FIGHT TO LIVE, SURVIVE, AND THRIVE AND LIVE IN THIS NEW LIFE WE ALL GRATEFULLY BLESSED WITH ANOTHER CHANCE AT LIFE!!.. just remember, "The words we chose can help someone or push them further over the edge." You are right on the fact you can voice your opinion an any way.. but remember someone is not AS STRONG AS YOU.

"STAY BLESS"
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/09 8:52 am
I think you are focusing only on a small number of posts here.  I feel the majority of posts are upbeat and grateful with people having several WOW moments. 

There are several of us who come to the board every day and we have gotten close like friends.  In real life sometimes we go through lows so we come here to talk to friends about it.  If we cannot talk to friends then that's just sad.

I don't think anyone is ungrateful.  I believe we are all highly excited about the changes going on in our life and our bodies.

This board represents a safe haven for me and I would like it to stay that way.
mystimel
on 9/20/09 1:20 pm - Long Beach, CA
"This board represents a safe haven for me and I would like it to stay that way."
Are you trying to say I want otherwise? Of course people should be able to post whatever they like. My personal opinion of certain posts should never stop anyone from posting what they need to. I would never post something negative on someone's post asking for help or comfort. That's not right and I'm not like that. That's why I started my own topic, because this is my vent space too.
The majority are upbeat and grateful, but yes I am focusing on the small number because for me it seems way too soon to be worrying about certain things and I wish people wouldn't because they'd be happier for it.
There's nothing in my posts or that I've ever said that should lead you to think I support bashing or banning of those posts. You can see my personal solution is to ignore them for the time being, and that shouldn't threaten you talking with your friends about your troubles.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/20/09 10:16 am - TX
The purpose of a weight loss message board is to have a place to ask questions, share information, compare our progress, laugh at ourselves and encourage each other.    We've all failed at dieting in the past and want to make sure we are staying on track and heading for the best possible outcome.   

This is a totally new experience and it's completely normal to have days when you feel like maybe you aren't doing something right.  I don't think it's negative or bringing anyone down to discuss our concerns, ask questions or have the need to vent our frustrations from time to time. 
I love my RNY.  I'm happy and thankful every day that I'm wearing size 14 jeans and still losing steady.  Realistically, we are all going to have struggles along the way and if we can't come to this board to discuss our concerns then what's the point of having a wls forum.

mystimel
on 9/20/09 1:23 pm - Long Beach, CA
My message is intended as a constructive/positive one and I can see now that most of you take it in waaay too negative terms. My opinion isn't a welcomed one to most here, but that's alright. I didn't expect everyone to agree, and I'm glad so many people read and responded without getting too personal in the defensive attacks.

Thanks everyone :)

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/20/09 9:54 pm - TX
The thing I like most about our July board is that everyone has been supportive and stayed away from personal attacks.  That doesn't happen across the other boards.  While I may not always agree with what is said, I still have respect for someone willing to share their ideas and opinions. 

Shida77
on 9/23/09 2:52 am
I love my July BOARD!!!!! I love that I can whine, I can complain, I can regret, I can be guilty, I can be happy, I can be proud, I can be supportive, I can share, and I can be ME! This is the only place anywhere that I can explain exactly what I feel and folks understand.  I can find people in the same stages as me.  A lot of times, I feel like the surgery won't work for me...so when I get a stall I think "Uh Oh, here we go, the pounds are going to come back on"...and then I come here, find someone a week ahead of my date and BOOM they had a stall and are now back losing. That gives me hope and strength sometimes.  This is a life changing journey and I'm scared! I'm so afraid that I'm doing something wrong or that I'm not going to have success. So reading what we are all feeling really helps me.

GO JULY!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!