why am i stuck?!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/20/09 11:56 am - TX
Very exciting!  I've been teetering back and forth between 202-201 for the past week.       

georgiapeachinla
on 9/22/09 8:23 am, edited 9/22/09 8:25 am
OOH Girlie I feel yah...but i think if you check the OH website there is some information on stalls.. VERY GOOD.. anyways is states that you are not considered in a stall if you lose inches.. or don't  drop weight over a month  period of time.. so I thing you are still losing.. it just inches.. and since you have less left to lose.. it may just start coming off a little slower.. If the surgery wasn't working you wouldn't have dropped a large amount of weight.. You are doing fantastic... I was at the same thought process last month for about two weeks.. It can be so frustrating.. makes you feel  frustrated..  I did have the same problem with my appetite, if you take a multi -vitamin a day try mid morning.. my doctor told me this.. it seems to pick up your appetite.. but if it continues I would see your DOC... I'm only a PRN but it sounds like you could have a stricture.. what can be easily fixed..

You are in my thoughts & prayers
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

danidunavant
on 9/26/09 5:16 am

I think there are quite a few of us in the same boat.  My surgery was July 27 and I'm down 35 lbs now but went through a 2 wk stall.  I found that part of the problem was I wasn't getting enough fluids and protein.  I was told to take 64 oz of fluids/day so if you think 48 is bad try 64!  Anyway I concentrated on that and getting at least 60 g of protein/day and the weight started to finally move again.  If those 2 things you are skimping on, don't because they are key to the weight coming off.  I'm disappointed that it is coming off so slowly 2-3 lbs/wk but at least they are coming off!  I really thought the honeymoon part would last a little longer.  My personal goal is to loose 10 lbs/mo and so far so good but I know things may not stay that way.  Just stay focused, concentrate on fluids and protein, and keep a journal of what you eat.  I plot calories, protein, carbs, and fat each day as instructed by my doctor and it really does help.  It really will happen if we stay focused.  Good luck!  Dani

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views