Did I grow a second head?

latinamommy
on 9/16/09 4:21 am - Winslow, AZ
Are you ever embarassed when you walk into a room and everyone stops and stares and gets all stupid on you because you look so different?

I was soooo much more confident when I was heavier.  Now I get all shy and nervous.  I am not exactly comfortable in my new skin.

Anyone else?
Dominique

n2deep
on 9/16/09 5:52 am - XX
We'll get there....I get the looks..but I'm not sharing my journey just yet.  They will say...you're losing weight...I just say,....you think so?

Be the CHANGE in the world...that you want to see 

Mahatma Ghandi

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/09 7:31 am - Glenside, PA
The people that I work with have been great.  They have taken the time to speak to me mostly in private.  There was one instance when a few people were together and they all were looking at me and it WAS embarrassing.  

I have found the opposite happening with my self-confidence.  I have found it growing!  I don't feel like hiding in a corner anymore.  I think a big part of it is that I have energy now.  My energy is not taken up with carrying around weight or worrying about how big I am.  I don't have to spend energy on trying to keep myself awake or listen to negative thoughts in my head.  I am REALLY enjoying this freedom. 

I am revelling in the fact that I have energy.  Less important to me is how I look..  The weight will come off and then the real work begins!   Maintenance!
IRAYD8U
on 9/16/09 7:46 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I just take it all in with a big.....LOL  I havn't kept my surgery a secret and I get the typical "you get smaller everytime I see you" comments and I say "that was the point".....LOL  TRY to enjoy the attention because it eventually wears off!.....LOL

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views