What a day...what a day...

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/09 11:26 am
It has been a crazy day today all centered around food.

My husband made a pot of beans last night so I took a bowl to work for lunch today.  As I was eating at lunch, I started to realize I was full, but did I stop??? Heck no, I kept on until I was miserable.  I didn't lose my lunch but I surely didn't feel good for about an hour afterwards.  I was so disappointed in myself for doing that.

Another situation that happened was this evening at suppertime.  I was trying to instill in my girls to eat slowly so I putting a minute in between bites.  For a couple of minutes it worked, but then every time it was time for a bite, the girls stuffed their face because they knew they wouldn't get another bite for a whole minute.  That technique back-fired on me.  When I realized they were doing it, I actually thought it was funny.  The poor girls having to deal with my neuroses.

Change of topic just so this post won't be so depressing...

I scooted the seat up in my truck!!!  I don't have to have it situated all the way to the back now because of my belly.  Woohoo!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/14/09 12:08 pm - TX
I can relate.  I serve everyone's dinner on a small salad plate and the kids and I use the tiny forks and spoons.  They think it's fun though. 

KristeMitchell
on 9/14/09 12:24 pm
It's a learning process. Don't beat yourself about it.  If you lead by example your girls will see your sucess and they will learn good things from you!

I noticed last week how much room I have now between my tummy and the steering wheel.  I can also wear my seat belt normal instead of being locked in and choked.  Exciting!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/09 4:28 am
Now there's a good idea.  I'm gonna look for small forks.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/15/09 6:44 am - TX
Cost Plus World Market has them.  They are small silver forks that don't look like baby utensils. 

JEllen
on 9/14/09 12:24 pm - Capital Region, NY
Wow! look at you! what a great new avatar!

You are doing fantastic- chalk those moments down to learning experiences and try not to repeat.

Kari M.
on 9/14/09 11:30 pm
I had an interesting day yesterday, too! I found a recipe for low carb, low fat baked pasta. I know...sounds too good to be true. So, I used the Dreamfields Penne pasta, and fat free/low fat cheese, etc. Baked it, it looked great...made a TON (for just two of us, a 9x13 pan). But when I tried to eat it, it was WAY too rich for me. :( I didn't lose it, but I almost did.  And I find my eyes are SO much bigger than my stomach is. Ugh. So disappointing.  I'm tempted to just let the dog eat it now.

I agree that this is just a learning process, but sometimes it can SUCK!  We'll get there, though!

Shida77
on 9/15/09 5:23 am
After 1 or 2 times of eating too much I have learned my lesson.  I'm tired of feeling sick and all that, so now I take it REALLY slow.  I go out to eat with my friends a lot and at first I would do like normal and order a full meal.  Now, I either order a kids plate or a small appetizer.  A few times I didn't order anything bu****er and just nibble off of someone else.  It takes some getting used to.  Life is definately different now, but I am learning to listen to my body very closely.  I've found even just one little bite more than I should have is WAY too much.

2_be_me_again
on 9/15/09 6:17 am
I just blogged this very same issue I'm having!  I hate the fact that I can't eat all of my food.  I want it damn it!  We went to Wahoo's and like an idiot I ordered like I used too... I ordered the 2 fish taco combination which comes with a heaping severing of brown rice and black beans.  I could eat a 1/3 of 1 taco, 4 spoonsfuls of beans and 5 tortillia chips and I was bloaded beyond bloaded!  Since I learned I can't eat left overs any more - I had to toss everything in the trash.  Going out to eat - is no fun anymore.  It's more depressing that I waste food.  I have yet to actually order something al a carte for some reason.  WHY WHY WHY???  The brain has yet to catch up with my tummy... it's such a joke I tell ya.

Foods that taste soooo good to me... I tend to eat very fast and suffer the consequences later.   When will I learn? 

Loving your latest WOW.... I have one - I registered for a Marathon down in Long Beach with a few of my OH buddies.  MY FIRST MARATHON - I am walking on October 11.  WOW.    Oh and last week during my daily walk I got the urge to run and did so for about 2 minutes... and the kicker here is... NOTHING WAS CHASING ME!  LOL LOL LOL
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views