failing already?

jdr1208
on 9/10/09 6:04 am - Worcester, MA

hey everyone, i had my rny 7/20 and reading your posts i feel like you guys are so much further along in the journey then i am. i hgave been in a stall for a couple of weeks and i went to my dr and she said having lost 35lbs alreayd is huge so being in a stall is normal, but i also messed up my eating because in the beginning i was throwing up every morning and couldnt get anything other than water or hot coffee in my stomach until after at least 12noon. then id eat and be able to eat like 6oz of food and such. so after talking to my dr last week im now eating little things and if i throw up i throw up but at least im trying, and so far im doing ok, but is it possible i already stretched my pouch and screwed it up for myself? the scale has gone between 235 and 232 for almost 3 weeks now... i dont know what to do

as far as exercising. i have been doing a lot of walking every day, plus i wii fit 30 mins every other day and go to the park with my son on the weekend, this weekend we did a 3 mile apple picking walk. so its not that im stagnant...

any advice??

thanks
jill

MotoMommy
on 9/10/09 6:38 am - oceanside, CA
 hey surgery date buddy !!!!! 

In the past 7 weeks.. i've dropped nearly 50 ..BUT I'VE LOST INCHES MORE THAN ANYTHING.

I have also asked the surgeon to put in a consult with A NUT so I can confirm I am doing things the right way...
 Plus he told me I could eat whatever...but I am soo scared !!! 

its like something I can eat like 1/2 cup of ...and then some its a 1/4 ??

DOn't worry I am sure you'll break the stall soon... the only thing I can think of is that  how would you have stretched it ? did you do something you weren't supposed to

I am 100 % DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR ME ...

feel free to hit me up anytime .. I am also on FB [email protected] :) 
 ** Living my life.... **

georgiapeachinla
on 9/10/09 7:57 am
No fret GIRLIE GIRL;

I think you are doing good...
 But note this AFTER ANY INTI AL 10 percent loss in weight; YOUR BODY HAS TO GO THROUGH A PROCESS OF Re-disturbing YOUR WEIGHT... clinically it wouldn't matter if you had weight loss surgery or not... the body has to catch UP.. USUALLY HAPPENS FOR US FIRST  6 wks out & EVERY 3 too 4 wks there after.. NORMAL... just chilled out and look in the magazine and see all the new outfits you are gonna buy yourself.. NOW if nothing Else fails if you do a search on OBESITY HELP WEB page.. there is some good information on plateau's OKAY.. IF you work out you have to up your calorie in take..
P.S.
CHECK YOUR MEASUREMENTS YOU STILL LOSE INCHES DURING A STALL TRUST ME ON THAT!!

STAY BLESS>>>
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 1:17 pm - Glenside, PA
You are doing just fine!   I had my surgery a week before your and you have lost more than me!  (Some of my total weight came off pre-surgery.)  I know its hard to remember during a stall but you will start losing again and like others said you are probably losing inches instead.  I know during my last stall is when I started really seeing the shape of my body changing.

Keep up the good work and keep coming back for the support.  This board is a tremendous comfort to me every day!
IRAYD8U
on 9/10/09 1:44 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Jill,

35lbs is ALOT!  That is more than I've lost since surgery!

About stretching out your pouch........you havn't done that!  It would take several meals for an extended period of time to do such a thing.  Slow down when eating......take 30 minutes to enjoy chewing your food.....(remember when you couldn't......LOL) and try to recognize when you are satisfied....NOT full!  Try to increase your calories and protien....working out as much as you do requires more energy, add a bedtime protien shake so your body can continue to burn off your fat instead of your muscle.  You will break your stall.........we all do.......your's is just taking a bit longer.  Hang in there!

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
jdr1208
on 9/10/09 11:03 pm - Worcester, MA
thanks all!!! its hard to not be discouraged when the scale wont budge, but i will measure myself this weekend.
thanks for the advice, you all definitely made me feel better!!!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/10/09 11:42 pm - TX
I bet your losing inches instead of pounds.  I didn't feel like I was losing either because my scale is moving slowly but, in the past three weeks, I've dropped down two sizes in jeans.    Your body is changing you just don't see it. 

My suggestion--- get your calories up to 900 a day, 80 grams of protein and drink a lot of fluid.  The weight will come off but your body needs some adjustment time too.

You're not failing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!