8 weeks out today July 14 folks

Joanna S.
on 9/7/09 9:34 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I had a stall during weeks 5 & 6.  Lost one pound each week.  I got really frustrated.  During week 7 I lost 4.3 lbs!  I didn't really do anything different.  I think what I need to realize is that stalls happen no matter what I am doing.  My body has a mind of its own.  Eventually the stall will end and I'll be losing again.  I need to just ride it out, stick to the program, and keep my spirits up.  How is everyone else doing?
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

georgiapeachinla
on 9/7/09 11:07 pm
Pretty much the same;
I had a stallf or like a week and a half.. then dropped like 6lbs... nothing you can do but continue what you have been doing... protein.... water... exercise and keep going...

But you are doing GOOOD!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/7/09 11:41 pm - TX
It's hard to believe it's been 8 weeks already.  I'm four pounds away from my halfway mark.

LIfe is Good! 

Joanna S.
on 9/8/09 2:42 am - Lonaconing, MD
Wow.  That's really great.  I'm just past the 25% mark. 

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

collinsne
on 9/8/09 11:03 am - Barre, VT
I also had a stall this past month.  However, I've averaged 2 lbs a week.  If I continue at this rate, I'll be at my goal in less than a year.  And with the slower weight loss, maybe I'll be less likely to regain or have problems with hair loss.  Also maybe my skin will adjust easier than with a rapid weight loss. 

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
KristeMitchell
on 9/8/09 3:00 pm
I had a stall at 7-8 weeks.  I didn't lose for 10 days! Then broke last Thursday and I lost a pound a day through yesterday.  I didn't lose today, but I'm not worried.  It's normal to stall but it SUCKS!!! It's nice to know we are all in the same boat!

saletiajohnson
on 9/9/09 8:42 am - anchorage, AK
Same thing..I just lost 5 pounds this week. YAY! I have been 264 since forever! I hope everyone is doing well.. I can pretty much eat anything I havn't thrown up yet but I havn't messed around too much.
AshleyDillo
on 9/9/09 12:19 pm - Tallahassee, FL

I only weigh myself once a week so I don't drive myself crazy.  I did stall out for awhile but then I dropped 10 lbs in a week!!!!  Insane.

I went shopping this weekend and got a few new bras.  Went from a 54C to a 46C!  Wearing bras that fit makes a world of difference.

I also tried on clothes at Lane Bryant, which I was sized out of long long ago...and I don't even wear their largest sizes there now!  It's annoying how every article of clothing is sized differently though..I hate trying on clothes.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

wyoctry
on 9/11/09 12:06 pm - Riverton, WY
Doing good.  I stalled weeks 6 & 7.... increased water and protein, didn't help.  Just figured the body was playing catchup.  Lost some this week.  I know I need to increase my exercise so that is my primary focus.  Till I am good on that.. I figure I can't complain about the stalls.
But went from wearing some 26 jeans to 22 and even a couple 20's.  :) 

I am excited to see what the coming months bring.

Pamela

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!