I want to be under 300s by month end...Any tips to share?

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/7/09 4:13 am - TX
You're doing great!  Sip your liquids and watch your protein.  If you are starting to exercise more you need to give your body some extra calories.   How many calories are you eating a day?

Increasing my calorie intake help me tremendously. 

saletiajohnson
on 9/7/09 5:52 am - anchorage, AK
You know. My weight loss is weird. I can go all week without losing a pound..lose one or two and then the same again. I just geuss everyones weight loss is different. I was 270 all weeeek! Then BAM over this weekend I lost 3 pounds. So, im sure your body is just adjusting or something because I didn't work out or anything this weekend.
Kathy J.
on 9/7/09 11:54 am - Flint, MI
Remember muscle weight more than fat.  If you are working out a lot, your weightloss might slow down a little.  I am working out 4 to 5 days a week and I am at the gym at least an hour to and hour and a half at a time.  Like you, I want this weight gone.  Good Luck

Shida77
on 9/8/09 2:10 pm
Hey Hon! You're doing fine and don't worry about that silly old scale. I'm at my 7 week stall and guess what, I'm still losing inches!!! I went shopping today and bought a size 18 jeans.  At surgery, I was a good 26.  I've been playing between 291-292 since last week.  All the advice you've gotten is awesome, up the calories, up the protein.  I have trouble STILL with all of that.  However, every week it gets better.  Everyday I have just that much more energy.  Make sure you take your vitamins and just keep moving along.  I still am not working out. I feel like if I do, I'll just have to eat more which is a problem already. 

Anyway CONGRATS and in 3 weeks you will feel better, and even if the scale says you've lost 10 lbs, use your measuring tape, it's BOUND to tell another story.

Sabrenia8888
on 9/8/09 5:30 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and encouragement. I increased my water intake and BAM I am now down 5lbs. WOW, what a difference. I am taking this one thing at a time and moving on to the next. I get my 60 grams of proteins in most days however that can be challenging too. I will continue to focus on the water intake and let everyone know how it is working then I will move on to increasing my protein to 80 grams. Then after that point I will focus on calories. I am doing a low impact workout at the gym for right now but at least I am moving these bones. Yesterday was my first day back to work and boy did I get stares but for the most part it was quiet. AGAIN thanks July Staplers for all your support and I really love our group!!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Gena L.
on 9/12/09 1:54 am - Canal Winchester, OH
Hi Fellow July'ers -

I know Sabrenia asked the question, but quite frankly it too was (is) something I am struggling with also! Why in the heck isn't the scale moving???  Did I go through this tough surgery for nothing??  I have been at 307 for 2 weeks now.  I want to be under 300lbs too in the worst way!!    Sabrenia, you and I have talked about our common goal!  :)

I have been working out EVERYDAY at the gym.  Like I said - - 307 for 2 weeks now...weighed myself yesterday and I had gained a freakin pound...what's up with that I ask???  Well now that I think about it, getting in the workout everyday has been my focus!  However, in doing so, I've let the water and vitamins slip a bit.  So thanks to the encouragement of my fellow July'ers...I am going to make that the focus of my upcoming week and see how things go. 

It's so good to have this support system...I would literally drive myself crazy without it!!

Thanks again ya'll!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!