I want to be under 300s by month end...Any tips to share?

Sabrenia8888
on 9/6/09 8:06 pm - Orlando, FL
Happy Labor Day to all!!! I have been away from the boards lately because my weight loss has come to a screaching halt. I want to be under 300s by month end and I still have 18 more lbs to go. I have join a gym so I am going almost everyday. I have up my proteins and calories. If anyone can share some of their secrets of other things you are doing I will be glad to hear. I have been feeling a bit depressed lately and I need some encouragement!!

Thanks,
Sabrenia
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
Laura in Texas
on 9/6/09 10:24 pm
You already mentioned this, but up your protein!!  And drink lots of water.  Good for you for going to the gym.  I didn't start exercising at all until about 8 months post-op.  You are doing fabulously!  Stop beating yourself up, girlfriend!!

Laura

HW/SW/CW/GW
339/311/152/146

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ksmidnite
on 9/6/09 10:46 pm - centereach, NY
I wrote everything I ate down. That is the only way I could keep track of what I was eating and how many calories, protein, water etc. When I hit my stall I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. It helps trust me. Water and protein those are the main constants you need. Protein first when eating and if you have room for anything else then something like vegetables or fruit. You will get through this. Praying for you.
God Bless
In Christ
Karyn

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 11:02 pm - Glenside, PA
You are doing fabulous, my dear!  Remind yourself that it is about the lifestyle changes and being healthy and NOT the number on the scale.  Goals are terrific, but ho about a goal about being healthy instead of numbers?

Take a moment to look back at where you came from and feel good about your progress.  The weight will come off. 

You Are Fabulous!
Just M.
on 9/6/09 11:48 pm
Hey girl!! I sent you. Txt You earlier don't get depressed get more detemined. You can n will suceed. I believe n u.
I am so Grateful unto God and yes, I will continue Praising Him in Advance!
   287~267~249~135     starting/surgery/current/goal

2_be_me_again
on 9/7/09 12:33 am

Hi lady,

You've gotten good advice thus far.... all I can say is - I upped my calories to about 850 (I don't really count btw) and that's how my stall broke.  Really - I stopped paying attention to every single detail.  I obviously know what I'm not supposed to eat ... so I don't...basically - I have to eat all freakin day - which is hard as hell to do... but snacking on watermelon, snacking on almonds, snacking on good carbs and adding some fat to my diet seemed to work for me.  Last night I had the tortillia pizza... I could eat the whole thing in a sitting oddly... but I loaded that sucker with turkey pepperoni, loads of cheese, some itlian bacon, spinch ... instead of tomato sauce - I used a SF BBQ sauce that I found at whole foods ... and girl... I was in heaven.  Please make note... the more you exercise - the more calories you burn... thus you need to remember you need those calories that you are burning w/ exercise too.  Seems ridiculous to me... but that's how my doc explained it. 

Not that 18 pounds in a month is unrealistic... but you may want to lower your goal a tad bit... just in case you go through and unexpected stall this month... wouldn't want to see you super dpressed about that. 

I'm with you girl.... you will do well - I know.

I'll say it again... we'll be foxy by Christmas....just mark my words!  Certainly will be time for photo updates!

Hugs lady!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

happybody
on 9/7/09 1:39 am
Hi Sabrenia!

I went to a Group meeting last week and my internist mentioned that folks get upset when they don't see the scale moving. 

He said that when you have reached this plateau it is because your body is loosing inches and is preparing for the next round of weight loss.

Please be encouraged, it is a lifle long thing....  You will eventually get where you want to be!!

I was expecting to be in a lower size before I went back to work and to my surprise I had to go to Macy's yesterday and pick up a wardrobe and new kicks for work tomorrow.

Therefore, there are suits in my closet waiting until I reach that size.  Today I am 4 weeks post op and have lost 27lbs.  My tops are two sizes smaller but my bottoms are one size smaller.  So  I am 20 top and 22 bottom.

Best wishes to you and stay encouraged...

Michelle~
  "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and   confidence."
Helen Keller

KristeMitchell
on 9/7/09 2:24 am
I think you are doing great! I don't think it is unreasonable to lose 18 pounds unless you are headed towards that stall at 7-8 weeks! Beware! It seems to have happened to all of us this month.  It can be very discouraging.  Maybe instead of a weight loss goal you make a goal that you are going to work out 5 days a week for x amount of time. Or I am going to eat at least 80 grams of protein everyday.  These are goals that you can keep regardless of a stall.  I had a 10 day stall that finally broke on Wed and I have lost a pound a day since them! 253 this AM! Yee-pee! Keep doing what you are doing and you'll get there! good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/09 2:45 am
Hi Sweetie!

I think you are doing a fantastic job.  I have gone through 2 stalls already and they are depressing.  I was thinking that I did this to myself and not losing any weight.  But the weight loss will start up again.  This past week it's been like a pound a day for me.

I've been wondering where you were.  Don't ever stay away because we all need to support each other. 
georgiapeachinla
on 9/7/09 3:41 am
HEY GIRLIE;
YOU are doing awesome;
I felt the same way a week and a half ago... but you know what...I had to take a minute... and review just less than month and half ago... I couldn't breathe.. my back hurt..and I didn't love the person I saw in the mirror.. but  I know at 315lbs... that is still a lot... but I FEEL AWESOME... we have to sometimes take the small wins in THIS WEIGHT LOSS FIGHT... BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GOING TO WIN... IF LIFE DIDN'T GIVE US CHALLENGES IT WOULDN'T BE WORTH IT... GOD BLESS.. AND YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS..

P.S
EAT A LOT OF PROTEIN 8 GLASSES OF FLUIDS LESS CARBS.. I JUST NOW FIGURED OUT...
DROPPED 6 LBS LESS THAN WEEK... IT WORKS!!
STAY BLESS
GIRLIE
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!