Pre-op diet...aren't you glad it's over?!?!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/09 10:27 pm
I was just reading on the main board and there are loads of questions about the pre-op liquid diet.  And then it hit me...I'm so glad that is over!!!  While I was in the midst of it, I thought it was hell on earth and I was never gonna make it.  But look!!!  I must have blinked because it's already almost 2 months since I had to choke those shakes down. 

Of course, I have my protein shakes every day still, but I can stand them because I know real food is gonna make an appearance during some part of the day.

Just wanted to be thankful and wow, can't believe it's been 2 months almost already.  It feels like I was in the hospital just yesterday, but then again it feels like it's been forever.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/09 10:40 pm - Glenside, PA
I totally agree.  It does feel like forever and yet...

On the other topic, I am so sorry you have not found a shake you like.  You should keep looking!  This is gonna be a long haul and you should be able to enjoy everything you eat.  Did you try Chike?
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/09 11:02 pm

I drink Isopure Cookies n cream.  It's not too bad.  I did order the samples for Chike so we'll see how those taste.

I do have about 2 1/2 tubs of Bariatric Advantage protein that I will not touch.

KristeMitchell
on 9/6/09 2:48 am
I wish I could do the powdered ones.  I am just too cheap and too impatient to keep looking.  I did taste the RTD Premier Nutrition brand that Costco carries and I must say, there were really good! 160 calories, 3 fat, 1 sugar and 30!!! grams of protein.  I just have to get a Costco card and I'll be good to go! I think they are 35 for 18 of them.  Not too bad at all.  For now, I'll stick to my EAS Advantage Edge and food.  Luckily i can get in enough protein without all of those shakes.  Thank God!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/6/09 11:22 am - TX
I was thinking the exact same thing tonight when I was mixing a batch of protein ice cream.  Luckily, now I have some great tasting protein drinks that I love instead of the nasty concoctions I was whipping up early on.

I really like the Believe Mocha Latte bottled protein drinks from Bariatric Eating website.  They have caffeine but I limit them to a couple a week.  I put them in the freezer until they get slushy, shake them up and drink.  It's the closest I come to a real frappuccino.

I'm going to try the Inspire Ice Cream sandwich flavor protein powder next.  I think Inspire protein is the best tasting powdered protein I've found.  Peanut Butter Cookie is awesome.  

latinamommy
on 9/6/09 12:47 pm - Winslow, AZ
I am sooo happy the pre-op stage is over.  I wish I could get in enough protien without a supplement but that's ok.  It feels like I am eating all day if I try getting it all in by food. 
Dominique

Granny57
on 9/7/09 12:33 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I feel the same way.  I usually have a protein shake with 60 grams that I mix in the AM and drink 1/2 before breakfast and finish off by lunch.

I feel too full trying to eat all my protein - especially chicken.  I also do not do well with sliced meats/lunch meats.  So I am getting the majority of my protein through shakes. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views