I am no longer Super Obese or Morbidly Obese!!!

KristeMitchell
on 9/6/09 3:02 am
I checked my BMI today and it is 39.9!!! I am offically Severly Obese.  How exciting! When I started this last fall I had a BMI of 52! I was able to qualify for my surgery simply because I was so big.  I didn't need any other co-mords.  Today I am 80 pounds (41 pounds since surgery)  lighter and my BMI has dropped 13 points!! I also did my measurements a few days ago and I have lost 26 inches! I need new clothes and more importantly a new bra!! The girls are headed south for the winter :) And I don't think they plan on coming back! They look like grapefruits in tube socks! I think a new bra will make my weight loss more noticeable. 

I started the week very discourged because of my stall but since Wed I have lost a pound a day! I wonder how long that will last because it is AWESOME!!! I am so glad that I have you guys to share in this with me!

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 4:14 am
Yahoo!!!  What wonderful news!  And OMG the inches! 

I agree about the girls.  Mine are heading the same way.  I told DH today that I wanted to get the girls put back where they're supposed to be after I lose the weight.  He just walked away, laughing, lol.  Like I'll be able to afford that.  Maybe if I start hiding $20 every month, but I'm terrible saving money.  I find it and spend it!
KristeMitchell
on 9/6/09 4:32 am
I completely plan on having the girls lifted and enhanced when I have my tummy skin removed.  My case worker at the insurance said that they will cover some of that since the excess skin can lead to rashes, infections, etc.  I may just have to pay for the implants. Who know! It will be very exciting, except for the whole surgery, hospital thing.  Yuck!

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 5:45 am
My regular doctor told me to come in any time I get some redness or a rash so we can document it, so hopefully insurance will pay to get rid of the tummy's excess skin.  I don't know what else my insurance covers but I think it will do the tummy.
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 7:45 am - Glenside, PA
I love coming here and sharing with you girls! 

I just said to hubby today that I have to get new bras.  The old ones aren't tight anymore and the girls just look so...sad.

I'm hoping to get the tummy covered by insurance but I want to have the girls done at the same time.  I've never had perky breasts and I'm looking forward to that.
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 10:00 am

LOL Mine were perky maybe in 6th grade.  And whatever perkiness I had went out the window after breast-feeding 2 babies.

medwards62
on 9/6/09 10:36 am
How exciting for you!  Congratulations! 

Speaking of new bras...my girls weren't just panning on leaving, they were MIA in the excess room of my bra cups!  I just went to Pennys and purchased four new bras for under $7.00 a piece!  I couldn't believe my good fortune.  What a world of difference a new bra makes!  I also took my measurements today and have lost 30.25 inches!  I was shocked.  I have felt that my weight loss has been stalled several times, but as of my surgery on July 7 I have lost 40 pounds (50 if I count the pre-op liquid diet).  

I find myself coming back here to read what you ladies have posted on a weekly basis.  It is reassuring for me to read your posts; generally I am having the same issues you all are!  Some day I'll figure out how to attach my picture and update my profile!  In the meantime...thank you all for being so honest in your posts.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/6/09 11:37 am, edited 9/6/09 11:45 am - TX
Interestingly, two weeks after surgery, I got a letter from BCBS that said "although we know that weight loss often results in loose skin, etc.... we do not cover procedures to reduce the loose skin".  I just laughed because my insurance company has been a pain in the a$$ the whole journey. 

I know they won't cover plastics but I've told DH from the beginning that I'm getting a tummy tuck and breast reduction/lift or whatever they need to do to hoist them back up when I get to goal.  He just laughs but he knows it's important to me.

Shida77
on 9/10/09 2:49 am
I am so proud of all of us! We are doing so well, and no one is having really bad problems. We are SO BLESSED!

My girls were already saggin, but now they hang there like pinatas.  I was a 48J and now I can put on an old 46E that I have and it's still locked in the furthest hook.  Losing the inches is what keeps me going.  Even when I'm stalled, I find that my clothes are getting bigger on my body.

The past couple of days I've felt so fat and bloated (may just be PMS) but I got on the scale this morning and 2 more pounds down!!! Then, when I told a friend that I was wearing size 20 jeans, she said "Well, you had surgery, that's what is supposed to happen.  I'm not getting excited about that because you took the wimp way out".  I was so hurt.  It really irks methat people think this is easy....because IT IS NOT EASY!  Anyway that's another topic.

CONGRATS TO US!

Kingswifey
on 10/6/09 9:11 am - AK
OMG if any of my "friends" said some stupid $#!& like that i mighta punched her in the mouth!!! i can't believe how many people have "friends" that are like that!!! to me thats no real friend!!! you should be excited for all that you have accomplished, and your real friends will be happy for you... and your right there is nothing easy about this!! Keep strong and keep on doing what your doing, its working for ya girl!!!

~~Missing My Soldier & Loving Our Children~~
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRGU8tS/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wRGU8tS/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update