So its the last day of the month...

saletiajohnson
on 8/31/09 12:00 pm - anchorage, AK
What is everyone eating! I need recipies bad! Ive just been eating fish and turkey burgers..BORING.
And how is everyone doing? How much weight have you lost!?
bryden1401
on 8/31/09 2:05 pm
I am in the same food rut.  I am not a big fish person but have been trying to get it down for protein sake.  It said your in Alaska I live in Faribanks(Ft Wainwright) for 3 yrs i loved it there and i miss the fresh halibut.  Anyhoo, i did try a turkey dog with chili and cheese on it (chili cheese dog) no bread and much healthier.  I loved chili for a week.  I have been eating a lot of fux pizza i take turkey pep, NSA marinaria sauce, and monteray jack cheese and layer it in a little dish and bake it seems like i am living off of it. Getting old.  chicken salad and egg salad. Haven't tried beef but have eaten a few boca burgers pretty good. I can eat chicken if it is moist very moist. Tried some special K crackers and RF wheat thins and nuts.  i am lost some what  on how to add stuff i look at a lot of  eggfaces recipes.  Check out the recipe blog on here  under the weight loss related section.  I did make some protein bars myself turned out pretty good. Oh i found at sams chicken burgers pretty good..  
Oh look at     bariatriaceating.com   too they have tons of recipes in every section.

This morning i weighted 276 so i am down 53 lbs since my first consult on April 9th and  42lbs since surgery day.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

KristeMitchell
on 9/1/09 2:39 am
I don't know if you have a Fresh and Easy near by but their Roasted Garlic Marinera has only 2 g of sugar whereas the NSA Ragu has 9! And it is delish!

georgiapeachinla
on 9/1/09 11:47 am

Got this recipe on FOOD NETWORK.com; they have a lot of low calorie high protein meals. This one is from Rachel RAY; chicken Fajitas I just use skinless thigh meat instead of chicken breast TOO heavy for me to eat. Here's the recipe

2lbs boneless, skinless thigh meat
Bell pepper green and red
pepper/salt
one garlic clove diced
Teriyaki sauce
Balsamic Rice vinegar
Low cal honey Dijon mustard
cooking spray, not EVO oil (1tsps HAS 150 calories TOOOO Much)
Prepare
Dice chicken pieces small
season salt & pepper
add 4tsps of teriyakai sauce( TRADER JOE'S Fresh & EASY; only 10 calories per tsps
add 4tsps of balsamic rice vinegar( only 10 calories per tsps no fat
add 4 tsps of low cal Dijon mustard( TRADER JOE'S, FRESH AND EASY, most stores carry in low cal section
mix well cover with plastic leave in frig for one hour

Pre heat cooking pan with coated cooking spray
add  garlic frist diced small, then add chicken, vegetable's
cook till brown about twenty mins
serve over brown rice or I eat mine in a No gluten flour Tortia (TRADER JOE"S sells them, RALPH'S, FRESH & EASY, ALBERT SONS etc.)  CAN COOK enough for family, or for two days for dinner and lunch whatever your heart's content!!
LESS THAN 270 Calories with tortia!! 20 grams of protein VERY GOOD!!
AS MY girl SAYS YUUM OOH
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

georgiapeachinla
on 9/1/09 11:46 am
This IS VERY GOOD ADDICTIVE!!

Got this recipe on FOOD NETWORK.com; they have a lot of low calorie high protein meals. This one is from Rachel RAY; chicken Fajitas I just use skinless thigh meat instead of chicken breast TOO heavy for me to eat. Here's the recipe

pepper/salt
one garlic clove diced
Teriyaki sauce
Balsamic Rice vinegar
Prepare
season salt & pepper
add 4tsps of teriyakai sauce( TRADER JOE'S Fresh & EASY; only 10 calories per tsps
add 4 tsps of low cal Dijon mustard( TRADER JOE'S, FRESH AND EASY, most stores carry in low cal section
mix well cover with plastic leave in frig for one hour

add  garlic first diced small, then add chicken, vegetable's
serve over brown rice or I eat mine in a No gluten flour Tortia (TRADER JOE"S sells them, RALPH'S, FRESH & EASY, ALBERT SONS etc.)  CAN COOK enough for family, or for two days for dinner and lunch whatever your heart's content!!
AS MY girl SAYS YUUM OOH
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 8/31/09 4:42 pm, edited 8/31/09 4:42 pm
I am really into cottage cheese and chicken.  I had a meatball at our local pizza joint.  It's nice being able to eat  "regular" food.  Overall, I am pretty satisfied. 

I am down 76 pounds from my highest and 36 since surgery. I was 258 this morning.

2_be_me_again
on 8/31/09 11:59 pm

I happily went to Taco Bell last night and ordered a Chicken Sott taco w/ no sauce and ate the guts w/ a few of my multi-grain chips and salsa!  I savored every bite...it was sooooo good!

The chicken and steak - in my opinon there is super soft and check out the nutritional value... very low and full of protien! 

Venture out....eating sucks I know but keep trying new stuf or even modified versions of old stuff you used to eat. 

Hugs lady!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

georgiapeachinla
on 9/1/09 8:50 am, edited 9/1/09 8:52 am
I got one for you girlie;

pepper/salt
one garlic clove diced
Teriyaki sauce
Balsamic Rice vinegar
Prepare
season salt & pepper
mix well cover with plastic leave in frig for one hoor

add  garlic frist diced small, then add chicken, vegetable's
AS MY girl SAYS YUUM OOH
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!