Have you had a WOW yet? I just realized my first...

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 4:57 am
I've been reading about other people's WOW moments and was sad because I didn't feel like I have had one.  Well sitting here I just figured out that I have been WOW'ed!

Before surgery I would probably eat out fast food at least once a day, sometimes twice.  And that 2nd time would be because I was too tired or lazy to cook supper so my girls would get take out too.  I was setting such a bad bad example for them.

Last week I went out to eat 0 times.  Yes, I said it!  0 times!!!  And my girls...they took their lunch to school everyday and I cooked dinner every night.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of myself!

So tell me one of your WOW's!
KristeMitchell
on 8/31/09 5:10 am
That's great!!! This surgery is not only changing your life but it is impacting the lives and health of your family.  It has been the same around here, except we have gone out a couple times.  No where near the amount we used to.

As far as wow moments, I think the best was putting on my hubby's shirt and it being big enough to sleep in.  My regular nightshirt gets all tangled around me when I sleep because it is so big! This surgery has been such a blessing, even when the scale doesn't move for a week! I am so glad I did it!

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 6:06 am - Glenside, PA
I realized that I really don't hate sweating.  I used to sweat all the time and forget when I did any exertion.  I would feel so bad that I just wanted to lay down and make it stop.  Now I can do physical activity and sweat and NOT feel like I want to die and just keep going!  I love this new life!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/31/09 1:12 pm - TX

Great job, Alanna!  I'm too tired to think of a WOW right now but I'm sure I've had one that doesn't involve doing something I wasn't supposed to do.  I'll sleep on it and post it tomorrow.

2_be_me_again
on 8/31/09 11:54 pm
That's a great WOW.... I was just thinking yesterday on my home... how much cleaner my car is as there are no empty wrappers of candy or soda cans or even food bags from my favorite Chefts... Jack N or Sir B. King.   I'm saving so much money!  I have to say... my wows are - I no longer circle around the parking lots trying to find the closest parking space to the building.  I'm now parking as far away as I can - which enables me to get more walking in.  I feel so proud of myself for no longer being as lazy as I once was.

Finally.... my WOW of the day - I have lost the first 20lbs since surgery and 50lbs since June 22nd!

Great post miss Lady... hope you are doing well!

Brandi
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

PoohkinandPiglet
on 9/2/09 11:21 am - TX
I had my first WOW today and it was a HUGE one!    

I've been putting it off but had to go shopping as I'm down to two pair of capri jeans that fit and a handful of t-shirts that, quite frankly, I'm sick of.  I went to Dillard's and headed straight for the "women's department".   I grabbed a few things to try on and . . .   much to my delight, everything was too BIG!  The smallest size in the "plus size" department was too big.  

I had to go to the regular-size department and I didn't even know where it was!   I've been in plus size clothes for 10 years.   I knew it would happen, I just didn't expect it would happen at 7 weeks out.  

I only purchased a couple of new tops and pants as I don't plan on staying in my current sizes very long but it was fantastic to be able to try on all kinds of clothes that I would have NEVER picked up off the rack before.

I love my RNY.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/09 11:49 pm
That is HUGE!!!  I'm so happy for you.  I haven't shopped in Dillards in years.  I can't wait.

Shopping in the regular section scares me.  I've shopped exclusively at Catherines for years and years because I KNOW I will find something that fits me there.  Scared to go to a regular store and not find anything.

Definitely good idea not to buy to much because you are going to be out of those clothes in no time!!! 
AshleyDillo
on 9/2/09 12:23 pm - Tallahassee, FL

My first wow was losing 4 inches in my waist and being able to buy a pair of pants off the rack in a store.  No more catalog orders!

And..I just tried on one of my roomie's polo shirts in a 2x and it fit with room to spare!!!!  I seem to be going down in sizes on top much smaller than the bottom.

Oh oh oh...I can unhook and hook my bra when I'm wearing it!  For years I used to just put the bra on like a tshirt..haha!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

georgiapeachinla
on 9/4/09 12:00 am
I guess my great WOW moment was .. I went to LAX to pick my daughter up from the airport... I had to walk probably 2 miles from the parking area to the landing dock... my back didn't hurt... i felt great... my daughter had not seen me since before I had surgery... SO when she came in off the air plane she pass me by... DIDN'T"T EVEN KNOW HER OWN MOTHER... I called her name... she turn around... and started Crying.. I ASK her... WHAT the HECKK you crying for Girlie... she said because... I look HAPPY , and I had a glow about my face... THAT MADE ME FEEL like a million dollars... CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR WOW MOMENT!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES>>>
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

latinamommy
on 9/4/09 2:15 am - Winslow, AZ
My biggest wow so far was wearing my husbands t-shirt without feeling like a suasage in it!!  I've had lots of them but this one is HUGE for me. 

Dominique

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!