RECIPE FOR PROTIEN BALLS

2_be_me_again
on 8/30/09 12:36 am
Making a batch today for the planned "all day" eating requirements to up one's calories and protien for the day.  Came across this reciepe on a blog and wanted to share:

Here's the recipe for PROTEIN BALLS:
1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup rolled oats (regular oatmeal, not quick or instant),
1 cup protein powder (I use Any Whey, but the original recipe suggested chocolate)
1/4 cup Splenda, 50/50 mixture of unsweetened cocoa and Splenda

Put peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute until liquid-y.  Mix in all of the rolled oats first, then Splenda, then protein powder.  If it gets too dry, sprinkle water.  Once you've got your mixture together, roll in to balls and put on a plate.  Put the 50/50 mix in a sifter and dust over the top.  I've also started to make them without the cocoa & Splenda coating and they're just as good.  Put them on a plate in the fridge until they firm up and then in to an airtight container and refrigerate.

Nutritional information depends upon how many you get out of the batch (obviously).  I make them about the size of a large grape or a malted milk ball (50-60 per batch), and at that they are about 35 calories each with about 2 grams of protein.

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

2_be_me_again
on 8/30/09 5:22 am

Results... I'm on the fence.  Not sure I want to eat these as a snack but they are much cheapier to make than buying protien bars.  We'll see.

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 12:21 pm
I saw this recipe somewhere today too and thought about making them.    Hope they are good!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views