Just a mini pity party!

KristeMitchell
on 8/30/09 2:37 am
So I only lost 1 lb this week! Grrrr... both my non surgically altered sisters lost more than that this week.  Which leads me to another thing... Both my sisters started diets when I had my surgery.  They said it was because I "inspired" them to get healthy but I think it is because they can't stand the thought that I might become thinner than them.  My one sister goes to a weight loss clinic and gets diet pills and B vitamin shots.  She has lost 34 pounds in 9 weeks.  She is on an even stricter diet than me! My littlest sister (in age and weight) has lost 18 pounds in 7 weeks.  She is doing WW.  I know that I should be happy for them but I find myself being really annoyed.  Why can't I just have this time for myself?  I feel like I always have to share every experience with them.  Even my pregnancies! One of them was pregnant when I was pregnant both times.  I sound so childish, I know this.  But it just frustrates me.  I am glad they are losing weight and it is easier being around them because they aren't pigging out and tempting me.  But for once I would like the spotlight to be on me.  I'm horrible and i'm being really selfish! What is wrong with me? They are both smaller than me and will reach their weight loss goal before I do. And then after a week like this I am just really frustrated! I have a stomach the size of an egg and I lost 1 pound in a week? What the f*ck! This is why I am glad I weigh myself everyday.  If I had not weighed myself all week and then got on the scale and only lost 1 pound, I would have lost it(my mind, not the weight)!

I ate 998 calories yesterday and still no weight loss.  Actually i was up .2 but I am not going to worry about that! I'm going to keep working on getting enough calories.  I felt like I ate all day yesterday! I am just very frustrated.  I think I will read now and take my mind off of all of this crap.  Thanks for listening!

JENNI S.
on 8/30/09 3:16 am - Highland, CA
I am sorry you are feeling this way. I understand I have been having some issuses too. I have been dropping pretty well but, everyone who has not had surgery is telling me what i need to do or how i should feel. I am like you have no idea what its like so SHUT UP! I am always here if you need to vent..

HUGZ
authorization  was given  on 6/3/09
 starting weight  -293
current weight 146

peruccha97
on 8/30/09 10:04 am - Foster, RI
Wow,

I feel a lot of the same things at times.  I feel I should be losing a little faster.  I only eat 600 to 800 calories a day.  I am still on pureed but am going to see the doctor on Wednesday and a nutrition class. 

We have to stop and remember that all the weight did not come on in a week so wont come off in a week either.  But I know the frustration of it all.  As far as a competition with your sisters, you have to stop that way of thinking and just concentrate on your own issues.  If they get to goal before, good for them but you will also reach your goal when it is your time.  Keep in mind that all the negative thoughts will only hinder your progress.  Be happy for yourself and where you are at and remember that you will be a healthier woman.

There will be weeks when our bodies don't do what we want them to.  Sometimes the weight loss is slow because our bodies panic and try to stop the weight from coming off.  I think it is a protective mechanism.   

Hang in there and remember all the positive outcomes you achieve and remember everyone is different so don't compare yourself to anyone.

Beth

scarroll32
on 8/30/09 11:07 am
Girl, I totally understand!  I am dealing with a friend that is a size 14 and she has distanced herself from me since I had the surgery and I think she just liked hanging around me because I am bigger than her and now that I am losing weight she can't handle it.  Girls are just catty like that and I am beginning to think it is in our nature.  You can't help but feel frustrated and want it to be about you because this operation was a HUGE undertaking!  Just think, they will gain weight back alot easier than you will.  Especially the one taking diet pills!  Way to go on your weight loss!  We are both at 37 lbs since surgery.  I had mine 5 days after yours!  i feel like I ate all day today too and I have realized that carbs make you feel hungry, or at least make you want to graze all day.  I am not sure if I have felt physical hunger yet but carbs definitely make me mind hungry.  Are you exercising?  Just keep up the good work and your weight loss will surpass theirs.  Good luck!

Stephanie
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/30/09 11:21 am - TX
Kriste,

It's normal to feel the way you are feeling.  Honestly, it's going to get better day by day.   It wasn't long ago that you had surgery and realistically your body  is still adjusting and changing.  The weight will come off.   

I ddn't tell anyone in my family I had surgery.  Only my husband and one friend who went through it last year know about it.  I didn't tell because I didn't want to have to explain it and I didn't want to have to answer to anyone but myself.

Try not to worry about your sisters and what they are doing.  If the weight fell off  so easily you wouldn't have needed weight loss surgery.  When else in your life have you lost 37 pounds in less than two months time?  

Remember it's YOUR journey and you are doing great!

Sharon

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 12:05 pm
Girl, you are doing fabulous!  It's okay to be down occasionally, but look how far you've come in such a short time.  I didn't drop any weight this week and I've been wondering when it's gonna start falling off.  Didn't everyone say the weight was just gonna fall off? 

My sisters don't need to go on diets.  They are all skinny-minnies.  I have been the fat sister and been compared to them all my life. 

It great for your sisters to be becoming healthier with the food they eat.  WTG to them for their weight loss.  What made you choose WLS instead of doing one of those other programs?  I'll tell you my answer...I've already done all those other programs!  Yes, I lost 80 lbs doing WW, but I fell off the wagon and I regained it all half the time it took to lose it.  I chose WLS because I needed the opportunity to keep the weight off this time.  I needed a fighting chance!   

I'm not hoping your sisters fall of the wagon and regain the weight they've lost.  I hope they continue on their journey and do great!  But for me, those other programs were the wrong path for my journey and I took this one.  It may take time for the weight loss to kick in, but I got time.

Good Luck Sweetie!  
KristeMitchell
on 8/30/09 1:19 pm
Thanks everyone! I am going to change my attitude and stop worrying about everything so much.  The weight will come off.  If I continue to even lose 15 pounds a month then I will reach my goal in 7 months.  That is unbelievible. This surgery is a gift and I am so thankful for it! As far as my sisters go, I am going to choose to see this a compliment that they want to get healthy too.  I need to be supportive of them and myself.  We are all in this together.  And BTW, I am the shortest of the three of us so it would be reasonable to say that I will be the smallest of us soon enough.  Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate all the support you are all always willing to give. 

Jennifer M.
on 8/31/09 1:10 pm - Fairfield, CA
I totally understand everything you are going through.  I just told my husband I am feeling very insignificant these days.  Someone always has something better, more exciting then me.  I have also "inspired" several people to get healthy and they are losing more then me.  I should just be thankful because if not for the surgery I would not be losing at all.  I am also hating my job, bored with life and need to find a new job and/or hobby to make me happy.   I am glad others are feeling like me.  You made me stop feeling sorry for myself and just be thankful.  THANKS!!!
Jenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!