Interesting experience at church this morning . . .

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/30/09 11:44 am - TX
This morning we had communion at church and I did a very stupid thing.   Hmm, I seem to be doing stupid things a lot lately!          

I CHOSE to put my wafer in the bowl of red wine instead of the bowl with grape juice.  Yes, I did it ON PURPOSE because oh, how I miss the taste of red wine.   STUPID

Red wine on an empty stomach + weight loss surgery  =  not a good idea

Within 5 minutes I felt really strange.  A little buzzed, a little whoozy, kind of dizzy and foggy.  The weird feeling lasted for several hours and was NOT pleasant.  Must of been dumping a bit.

My friend warned me about wine after she tasted a thimble-sized portion at the grocery store and came home drunk.  

Moral of the story . . .  Don't do it        stick with the grape juice!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/09 12:17 pm
We don't do grape juice at my church.  It's fully loaded wine or nothing.  I just get the host and pass up the wine. 

I did a stupid thing 2 days after surgery and I haven't told anyone until now, lol.   I told them when I registered at the hospital that I was Catholic so a lay minister came to visit me on the 2nd day.  We talked for a little while and then she asked if I wanted Communion.  I said yes and received the body of Christ.  I didn't even think about what I did until way later.  I think it was days later that I realized what I did.

So you are definitely not the only one doing things without thinking all the way!
Sabrenia8888
on 8/30/09 1:30 pm - Orlando, FL

I do not think it was stupid at all. THIS WAS FOR CHRIST and THE CHURCH!!!! At least the feeling only lasted for a few hours and you were back to  normal.

Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/30/09 10:13 pm, edited 8/30/09 10:17 pm - TX
Yes, but I should have chosen the grape juice.  I WANTED to taste the wine.  Oh, well . . .  lesson learned!   Good thing we only do communion once a month.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views