Yummy high protein meal

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 9:28 am
Hey guys!
I came across a Chicken Fajita salad at the deli at my grocery store yesterday and it was so good.  It's $9 a pound so I made my own. Super fast and easy.  The whole recipe has 668 calories and 53 grams of protein, so you can break that down by how many servings you actually eat.  I think I might be able to do 5 maybe 6 servings so not too shabby.  Give it a try.

1 eight oz bag of pre cooked grilled chicken ( I used chicken fajita flavored one at walmart)
2 cups of frozen pepper strips (Frozen veggie section of walmart)
1 small onion. I like the purple ones.
2 tbsp olive oil - 1 tsp
1 packet of fajita seasoning
1/4 cup of water.

Mix fajita seasoning, water and 2 tbsp of evoo in a large bowl.Add precooked chicken and coat.  Set aside. Saute onions in 1 tsp of EVOO.  Add peppers.  Add a few tbsp of mixed seasoning mix.  Coo****il onions and peppers are soft.  Add peppers and onions to the bowl with chicken and mix.  Put in fridge and let chill.  As I write this I realize that this is just a fajita recipe! So the short way to tell you all about my "great recipe" would be to say try fajita's cold, they are really good! I'm such a dork!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/29/09 11:30 am - TX
It sounds yummy!  I'm a Texas girl and love my fajitas!  I'll have to try it cold.  Leftovers would make a great omelette.

I make something similar with tenderized flank steak grilled then cut into strips across the grain.  It's a very tender beef and I've tolerated it well.   I marinade the meat in equal parts pineapple nectar (not juice) and low sodium soy sauce with a bunch of crushed garlic cloves thrown in.  I put it all in a big ziploc bag a few hours before I grill it. 

It's a wonderful marinade for chicken too.   Pineapple nectar comes in a small soda type can on the Mexican foods aisle.

Sharon

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 1:33 pm
That sounds awesome! oh with some grilled pinapple! Yummy! I miss beef.  My dr said no beef or por****il 3 months.  I should try it with the chicken! Thanks!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 11:40 am - Glenside, PA
I can't wait to try both of those! 

My kitchen is being re-done and the stove and fridge are in the dining room.  I miss cooking my own food choppng veggies and, in general, having a working kitchen.  Hopefully it won't be much longer.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 12:31 pm

Well that sounds yum-o!!!  I need these ideas because I just haven't been too adventuresome with new foods. 
JulieTX
on 8/29/09 11:57 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I kinda cheated on the steak....DH did laundry yesterday while I did the shopping, so I bought him steak for dinner.  I took a little corner off and put it in the food processor.  OH MY how yummy it was.  Was still careful to chew chew chew and has a couple of pieces I spit out because they were hard.  Had asparagus too!

We are having fanitas tonight with stir fry veggies.  Might try some...especially if I can find a good avocado to go with it!
Julie

KristeMitchell
on 8/30/09 2:18 am
I <3 avocados!!! I love them mixed with sour cream.  There is a local burritto joint that makes the best creamy guacamole! It's all I can really eat there anymore and thats fine with me as long as I can have the guac!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views