Bumpy ride so far!!!!

Jeannie2482
on 8/28/09 6:09 pm
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Hey all my july people!!! I havent been online for some time now. I have been a little angry about everything since my surgery done on the 14th.  I have been doing ok on my food, thrown up a few times totally randomly. Tea apparently needs to be rejected.

Around three to four weeks out i noticed my largest incision was very sore still and starting to swell worse then ever before. I was having a lot of trouble getting liquids in and eating because i was so queasy all the time. Finally on the thurs the 13th of aug, my belly was extremely hot to the touch and very sore. I went in to the doc on fri morning and i got some ($148 antibiotics!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?) medicine to control the infection. By monday morning, my temp was about 103 and wasnt able to even walk. It had swollen up to 6 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches and was visible through my clothes. The pain was from my hip bone to up under my left breast. That monday, they had to open it back up and drain it. I almost broke my poor husbands fingers in the process. I went full on bat **** crazy.  I seriously almost blacked out it hurt so bad. My poor sweaty doc says right afterward, "Ugh...... that was really gnarly girl." Totally gross but i filled a trash can with paper towels and there was blood on the floor.  :-(

I was told that the infection was probably with me the entire time and was probably the reason i have felt like complete ass since my surgery. I am just now starting to feel like better days are ahead. Im now getting in more food, but for almost two weeks, i ate nothing and drank a bottle of powerade every other day.

I have lost 31 pounds since the day of surgery. I went to the gym the first time since, tonight and im trying to eat like i should. Even after all that, im still pretty happy i had the surgery. At first i was concerned i was gonna feel gross and queasy the rest of my life. But now im glad i have the answer to why i was feeling so bad. Especially since i had to return to work two weeks out! And now my husband is a pro at stuffing atiseptic gauze into 3 inch deep wounds. Its healing really quick and is getting better everyday. But i sure wish i could jump in the pool!!! Anyway, i just wanted to give an update and it took forever catching up on everyone elses drama's since surgery. But im back and hopefully better than ever. :-)

Sara Jeanne
KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 4:41 am
OMG! Poor girl! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 11:51 am - Glenside, PA
 That does sound nasty!   So glad to hear that you are on the mend. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 12:46 pm
I'm so sorry this happened to you!  You have been through so much!  Great to hear that you are on the mend and WTG on the gym!!!
latinamommy
on 8/30/09 1:50 am - Winslow, AZ
YIKES!!  I am glad you are feeling better now though!
Dominique

collinsne
on 8/30/09 8:53 am - Barre, VT
Sara Jeanne,
Sorry you have had such an uncomfortably hard time.   Glad to hear life is getting better.  Really glad it wasn't the drug resistent type infection!!

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
saletiajohnson
on 8/30/09 4:12 pm - anchorage, AK
You are a trooper!!
31 pounds? Daaanng girl. Im sorry you had to go through that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views