I ate close to 1000 calories and . . .

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/29/09 1:27 am - TX
I was down two pounds this morning.  I think increasing calories is the key to get wl moving.  

I start my day with a protein drink then eat breakfast mid morning.    I ate a little more than I usually do for lunch and added a Power Crunch protein bar (205 calories) cut into four pieces and eaten as a little dessert after my meals.  It's easier to add the extra calories that way.

This is what I ate:

S:     Believe Mocha Latte---  120 cal, 20 gr protein 
BF:   1/4 cup Egg Beaters omelette--  75 cal, 12 gr protein 
               (with onions, mushrooms and fresh chopped spinach)
L:     Snow Crab- 250 cal, 33 gr protein
S:     1/2 Orowheat sandwich thin toasted, 1 tbsp pumpkin butter-- 85 cal, 3 gr protein
D:     1/2 cup Pei Wei chicken and broccoli  (no rice)--  180 cal, 19 gr protein

1/8 cup Minced chicken in lettuce wrap- 46 cal, 4 gr protein

Power crunch bar-- 205 cal, 14 gr protein

Totals:    961 cal, 104 gr protein  (around 55 carbs for the day)

It's weird being on the other end of the eating spectrum as I've gone from trying to stay BELOW a caloric number to now trying to get UP to one.   It's definitely takes planning to get those calories in.

If you're stuck, increase your calories with healthy protein choices and see if it doesn't get your body going again.

Sharon

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 2:06 am
Ok, so I am totally going to give this a try! The scale hasn't moved in three days.  I only lost 1.8 lbs this week! I did get above 700 yesterday but I still think I need more.  I just need to work on eating more during the day.  I have been tracking my calories at the end of the night and then I find myself needing to eat more but I run out of time.  Where do you get the power crunch bars?  I bought the pure protein bars but if I eat a whole one my stomach hurts.  Maybe I'll try cutting it up.  Thanks for the encouragement! The experiment will start today! I'll let you know how it goes!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/29/09 2:28 am - TX
Kriste,

Eating regularly has become a deliberate event and I have to monitor myself so I don't forget.  Increasing a little bit of my mealtime volume has helped and adding the extra protein shake or bar gets me to my calorie goal.

I eat a small piece of the Pure Protein bars sometimes but they are dense and heavy and don't sit well in my pouch.   The Power Crunch bars are a light layered wafer type bar, kind of like a small Little Debbie Nutty Bar.   They come in Vanilla Creme, Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter Creme.  I bought them at my local HEB grocery store and they're only $1.15 each.   If you can't find them locally you can order them on the bariatric sites.

Good luck!

Sharon  

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 4:18 am
Thanks for the info.  I just called my local vitamin shoppe and they carry them.  I'm going to head down there later.  I'm trying to plan my meals better.  I am at 303 calories and it's 11:15 so I think I'm on the right track.  At this rate I should hit 900 or so bby evening.  Thanks again for all the info and how much you contribute to the board.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 12:37 pm
Did you think before the surgery that we would be able to stop obsessing over food afterward the surgery?  I think I'm more obsessed with food now.  What I can eat, what I can't eat, how much protein, how many calories, lol...  But it's a better obsession than wondering when I can get my next Big Mac.
KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 1:39 pm
Speaking of McDonalds...I ate 2.5 chicken nuggets for lunch today.  So yummy and satisfying. Sure they had 114 calories/7g fat/6 g of protein, but they were worth it!

Shida77
on 8/30/09 3:05 am
On this McDonald's note.....I found myself without anything to eat, dizzy and feeling very faint after a long dr visit with my daughter.  She wanted McD while we waited for her prescription so I scowered the menu to find something I could eat.  NEVER try the hot and spicy $1 chicken.  It was so hot and got stuck midway.  HORRIBLE experience! I wound up with a grilled chicken wrap with no lettuce and easy ranch.  I only ate like 2 bites but it worked.  Now I know to keep snacks in my purse.

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 1:37 pm
I'm trying... it's 8:30 and I am at 730.  I feel like I have been eating all day! Maybe I'll have another serving of my cold fajitas and maybe I'll throw on some sour cream! that would put me close to 900.  Maybe i'll have another shake too? Who would have thought that we would have to try so hard to get in enough calories.  It's bananas!

Sabrenia8888
on 8/29/09 8:40 pm - Orlando, FL
Sharon thanks for posting this. I need all the ideas in the world to assist with me getting in more calories. I will post and keep everyone updated on how this goes.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
JulieTX
on 8/30/09 12:00 am - Whitehouse, TX
I was just about to post a thread about calories.  And having the exact same thought....who would have EVER thought we were fighting to try to ADD calories to our days!

I added strawberries and 1/2 banana to my BA shake this morning.  I need both the calories and the fiber!

And yes, I realize I have to be very deliberate in what I eat.  I also want to make sure I am adding quality not just calories to what I put in my body.
Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!