Plateau.......

IRAYD8U
on 8/28/09 9:38 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
So I don't know if I am officially having a plateau or not.  I have been flucuating between 218 and 216 for 12 days now.  I started eating solid foods on 8/18 and havn't really lost a pound since then!  I don't know what I need to do to start losing again.  I know if I just wait it out the lbs will start coming off again.  Now I feel guilt everytime I put a piece of food in my mouth!  I feel so much better now that I am eating food except for this!  Any suggestions?

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
JulieTX
on 8/28/09 10:55 pm - Whitehouse, TX
Heather - no guilt allowed!  You have to eat to live.

Are you keeping a food journal and keeping track of your protein and your caloires? 

I lose for 3 weeks and stall for 2.  But during my stalls I can still tell that my body is changing.  Just like I watch my son only grow in one direction, I see my body as needing time to adjust as well.

The reason the journal is still so important to us is to make sure we are eating and drining enough.  For the past 2 weeks I have been up and down a pound, but when I look at my journal, I am not getting enough calories or enough fluids.  I found that as I have added lean protein, my calories have actually dropped.

Suggestions (and this includes me) - you are doing fine!  Stick to the plan our Dr and NUT have given you.  Make sure you are moving..getting some exercise.  Stalls happen.  I have to accept that I am not going to lose my weight super fast.  But I KNOW  I now have a tool that will make me successful if I stick to the plan.

It's hard when the scales don't move.  It's a marathon and not a sprint.  I try to think about the last diet I was on pre op...lost about 20 pounds in 6 months..and compare it to now.  It puts a smile back on my face and a spring back in my step.

Hang in there and hang around her for support!
Julie

2_be_me_again
on 8/29/09 12:57 am
Hi Miss Heather...

Just wanted to send a hug your way!  Stalls are certainly difficult to swallow....but it's a reality that we will face countless times during our journey.  I've been in a "stall" since week ending 2 (give or take a pound) however the inches are melting away.  I tried on a pair of 16's (from a size 22) last night just for the hell of it and they fit but I had the good ole fashion "muffin top belly" hanging over. The sheer fact that I could get my fat ass in them - I bought them any way in hopes they will brighten my day when the scale doesn't budge.  In any case - I'm sure your not in a "real" stall - where nothing is happening for you loss wise.  Check out your measurements!

Congrats on your loss thus far... certainly an achievement!!

Hugs lady...
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/29/09 1:33 am - TX
You're doing great!  I agree completely with Julie about keeping track of your calories and protein totals.  I log everything I eat because it's the only way I know where I am and what I need to get my nutrition that day.

You're body is adjusting to food and needs time.   How many calories are you getting in a day?

Sharon

KristeMitchell
on 8/29/09 2:12 am
How manny calories you are eating would be my question too.  Use livestrong.com to track your stuff. It's super easy.  If you aren't eating enough your body will hold on to everything for dear life.  We have shocked our system with this surgery so we have to give it time to adjust.  I was told to eat at least 4 times a day.  When my calories are low I don't lose.  I started working out but if I am only eating 600 calories it does me no good because I need more calories than that.  Good luck to you and know that you are not alone.  We have all had stalls and it is just part of the process.  Keep up the good work! BTW, I would kill to be 218  That's me green with envy!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 11:59 am - Glenside, PA
I'm in exactly the same spot!  I have been playing back and forth with 218 and 217 for almost two weeks now.  In order to get my calories up I have to have a shake in the morning but the last couple of weeks my tummy hasn't felt like shakes that early.  Today, for the first time in over a week I had a cappicino shake first thing in the morning.  Maybe I'm on a new streak. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/09 12:43 pm
I've pretty much stayed the same this week.  Last week I lost 5lbs.  I know I didn't keep very good track this week.   It was the first week back with students and my schedule was crazy.  I have to do a better job next week.
JulieTX
on 8/30/09 12:03 am - Whitehouse, TX
I am going to start keeping a calendar of my weight loss to see if there is a pattern at all to the stalls.  It seems that I'm loosing for 3 weeks and stalling for 2.  At least then I would be a little more prepared (and yes I am a type A personality!  :o)  )

And I agree with Kristie....I would LOVE to be at 216 - I would be more than halfway to my goal!!!
Julie

IRAYD8U
on 8/30/09 12:44 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Thanks guys!  I am going to start a food journal and keep better track of my intake. 

I'm sure you gals will be weighing 216 in no time too.......LOL

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Shida77
on 8/30/09 2:59 am
I've become convinced that stalls are a part of this journey! Not only does everyone seem to go through it, BUT it just keeps happening.  I started keeping a journal.  I'm not good at that kind of stuff so it's not perfect, but at least I'm trying! I finally got to where I'm under 300 and staying there.  I'm trying to increase calories, but that seems hard when eating is such a chore! LOL!

I'm with you on the inches thing! I didn't really lose for about 3 weeks, but my clothes have become increasingly too big AND I fit in booths now!!!!! I also noticed I fit better in my car with the seatbelt!!!!

CONGRATS!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!