What's UP With your Friends?

georgiapeachinla
on 8/31/09 11:51 am
Thanks,

For the comment, it en-lighted my heart

GOD BLESS
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 9/1/09 1:13 am - Bradford, PA
I have a "friend" like that too.  Back in January when I started thinking about doing this, I asked her what she thought about it in general, not about me doing it, just if she knew others etc.  Well, everything she had to say was negative (it usually is, especially when it could be something positive for me).  So, I decided that I was going to go for it and never confided in her at all. Well through the course of my preliminary 6 months, I was watching what I was eating and keeping this "secret" to myself, but still enjoying a couple of ****tails and didn't change my eating habits too much when I would meet her at our local bar.  Mind you, she would call me to meet her there, it didn't matter to me, one way or the other if I went out.  So anyway, she got really bombed one night and was extremely abnoxious (she's married, cheats and I don't agree with her lifestyle at all and she's NEVER wrong).  Well, this was getting old to me and I guess she caught my sense of "not wanting to be around or associated with her" that night.  So long story short, I wonder now if maybe she noticed I was losing some weight in that period of time but never said anything about it to me.  I proceeded to move forward to getting my surgery and I haven't seen her (or been invited to go anyplace with her) since the end of June!!  She's only called me a couple of times.  I live in a very small town and I also wonder if she hasn't caught wind of my secret and is mad at me for not telling her I did it...Or maybe she's just plain old jealous!!  :-)    It's all good, I'm happy and excited and haven't told alot of people anyway.  I'm just going to enjoy the process and do what makes me happy.  It makes you wonder if they were really a "friend" afterall or if they were simply using you because they "thought" they looked better than you and would always get the attention.  She definitely thrives on being the center of attention.  *eye roll*  I say......"Whatever!!"
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 9/1/09 12:14 pm
You are right Luanne!!;
But I guess you don't miss a friend who wasn't one in the beginning!!

Thanks for sharing your story!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!