I fought the pouch and the pouch won ETA I learned my lesson- (I blogged this too)

mymar816
on 8/25/09 4:31 am, edited 8/25/09 4:54 am
 Before you start throwing empty EAS cans and gallon jugs of protein shake mix at me, let me explain. I was having the hardest time drinking the protein shakes ( I mean come on man, that stuff stinks) so I thought I would create my own nutrition program (yeah dumb I know) I only ate protein rich foods but trying to cram down enough to get anywhere near 70 g of protein/day was making me feel like a sausage in the microwave ( ready to flippin' bust) or . About 1 week of this and I notice I haven't lost a pound.... Hmm could this be related to my new super-stoopid diet program- of, course not so I repeat this idiot move for another week. still no scale mvmt... Did I mention that during this time I start to crave carbs like a mad woman, and even decided to have a margarita (not a good outcome- halfway into the margarita I was looking for a table to dance on and calling my husbands name like the wicked witch of the mess) but needless to say I have since gotten back on the right path (stinky protein shakes and all) and I lost 6lbs last week.
the moral of my story: don't fall prey to your own ignorance!!!! they gave you a plan because they wanted you to actually follow it. And from now on I plan too.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/09 4:46 am
OMG I am howling!   You are too funny.  Stupid stinky protein.   I've only found one protein that I like and it's Isopure Zero Carb Cookies n Cream.  Got 3 other jugs that I'm not touching.  WTG on the 6lbs!!!
mymar816
on 8/25/09 4:53 am
Thanks and honestly I am sitting on about $50 worth of unjury that I am thinking about mixing up in the dogs dish but I am afraid he won't touch it either. lol... right now I am drinking the nectar-kiwi strawberry and if I don't sniff it before I drink I am okay but 1 little sniff and....

PoohkinandPiglet
on 8/25/09 1:03 pm - TX
Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie protein is THE BEST protein I've ever had.  I have two scoops of protein ice cream with a drizzle of sugar free hot fudge every night.  It's sooo good!

Ice Cream Sandwich flavor is next on my list to try.  The rest of the proteins I have are nasty.

Shida77
on 8/25/09 2:34 pm
I heard about this Isopure and I'm going to try it! I cannot drink protein shakes, they make me gag, BUT I have not lost a pound in 2 weeks.  I've found that now I can eat more variety of things....today, I had the inside of sushi (no rice) and shrimp.  BUT, I could also eat on little crunchy wontons....I don't think that is good. 

Thanks for inspiring me to jump on the Isopure wagon....

AND thanks for telling me a margarita will make me sick........I'm DYING for one.

KristeMitchell
on 8/25/09 3:23 pm
The powdered crap makes me want to hurl! NO WAY! I won't do it! I've been using EAS AdvantEgde.  17 grams of protein 110 cal.  11 oz. I have no trouble getting in liquid so I can get through this is 15-20 minutes.  It's smooth and creamy, no chunks, no grit.  I get it at walmart and target for 5 bucks for 4 RTD shakes.  I do one shake a day, 1 protein bar and 4-5 high protein mini meals.  Good luck!

Gena L.
on 9/1/09 1:28 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
EAS ROCKS!!!!  It's the only grab n go protein drink I can really tolerate!  Thanks God for EAS!!!

mymar816
on 8/26/09 12:37 am
So far the Nectar is not killing me (like I was for sure it would). it is fruity flavored and the texture is more like juice than a thick gross protien-y shake... UGH!!! I want to try some of the other brands but in sample sizes. There was an older thread (possibly of BAF) that listed a company you could order samples from... Anybody remember what the site was??? I would hate to buy another super large container of something and then  everytime I open the lid. There has got to be a better way.

mymar816
on 8/26/09 4:50 am
ticker test

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update